Newcastle United Vs Swansea - 17/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Fenham Mag

I really wanna see Best, Ba and Ben Arfa starting.  At the expense of Obertan.

Bore off, man. You're not allowed to be remotely objective with your ideal lineups on here.

There's something seriously up if Obertan's being prefered, though. Given than he's one of the worst footballers in our squad.

As far as I can tell that team is pretty much first choice except for Richards in for Rangel and Routledge for Dyer.

Our team is more or less first choice (or best players at least) bar Perch for Taylor and Obertan for Ben Arfa.

Worried about Tiote against their midfield, going to be so rusty, can see him giving the ball away quite a bit and getting at least a yellow.  Still, needs must and he'll probably play a blinder now I've said that! :)

Glad to see Best in for Shola, hope HBA gets at least half an hour off the bench, out wide would be nice, but it aint gonna happen.

at this stage of aaron ramsey's recovery he was on the arsenal bench after loans at forest and cardiff, and was still a good few months away from getting back to his best. think we have to be patient with HBA, and he needs to be patient himself.

saying that would still prefer he started ahead of Obertan, if only because Obertan's had too many chances and, bar one or two games, has looked dogshit.