Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Haven't seen it a second time yet, but has to be a goal of the season contender. Unbelievably good.

they don't count fa cup goals do they?

Such a fantastic goal from the lad. Here's my description :D :

His goal was fwap-worthy really - he got the ball on the right and basically waltzed through the Blackburn defence to get into the box, he kept the ball effectively away from three/four Blackburn players and then scored. Great solo effort.

He was so much more influential from the wing than he was in the number 10 role today. Hopefully Pardew will reassess his options now - Ben Arfa has just proven that he CAN play on the wing.

when we bought him he was a winger. i assume the reason he's seen as a striker is a mixture of the Jonas, Raylor playing at left back and a lack of striking options. Still today shows that Obertan staring on the wing in front of him is a farce. Can't see for the life of me what is so bad about playing Jonas RW and playing Ben Arfa LW. then at least we'll have a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger, instead of a right footed left back, a right footed left winger and a left footed right winger.

Sexy time. Missed this debate. Let it rip, boys. :fwap:

Imagine after all this today, and when we finally see this goal on the highlights tonight and sync-fwap ourselves into oblivion, he doesn't get a start next Sunday. :lol:

"Hatem is still coming back injury and he needs to show me more. Obertan has done brilliantly for me this year"

Guest optimistic nit

Such a fantastic goal from the lad. Here's my description :D :

His goal was fwap-worthy really - he got the ball on the right and basically waltzed through the Blackburn defence to get into the box, he kept the ball effectively away from three/four Blackburn players and then scored. Great solo effort.

He was so much more influential from the wing than he was in the number 10 role today. Hopefully Pardew will reassess his options now - Ben Arfa has just proven that he CAN play on the wing.

when we bought him he was a winger. i assume the reason he's seen as a striker is a mixture of the Jonas, Raylor playing at left back and a lack of striking options. Still today shows that Obertan staring on the wing in front of him is a farce. Can't see for the life of me what is so bad about playing Jonas RW and playing Ben Arfa LW. then at least we'll have a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger, instead of a right footed left back, a right footed left winger and a left footed right winger.

Why change wings? They both scored today.

fair point, it seems to be working fairly well thus far. Wish he hadn't staked a claim for the RW spot the day Ba leaves for the Cup of nations though. i don't know which of Obertan at RW or Best and Shola up top for a month is a worse prospect. Striker in January please.

haha :lol:

Just watched the interview on NUTV

pards said that we have tried to get the best out of hatem and he doesn't work hard enough on the defensive side of his game. But then he went on to say that when he plays like that offensively then he doesn't need to worry about defending :) or words to that effect. Good to hear!

haha :lol:

Just watched the interview on NUTV

pards said that we have tried to get the best out of hatem and he doesn't work hard enough on the defensive side of his game. But then he went on to say that when he plays like that offensively then he doesn't need to worry about defending :) or words to that effect. Good to hear!

Lovely  :frantic: That's the way i see it as well. Let the opposition worry about Arthur.

Guest icemanblue

Needs to work on his shirt-throwing. The first attempt fell about a foot short of the Gallowgate adveristing hoardings. :lol:

That was Abeid, mate.

Needs to work on his shirt-throwing. The first attempt fell about a foot short of the Gallowgate adveristing hoardings. :lol:

That was Abeid, mate.

Eh? Was it? Everyone I was with thought it was Ben Arfa like. :lol:

That was Abeid, mate.

Eh? Was it? Everyone I was with thought it was Ben Arfa like. :lol:

You lot are no better than the KKKopites.  Shame on you and your friends.

Gonna enjoy RTG when they realise they were wrong about Ben Arfa (not the first time they're wrong like) when he's getting back to his best, making them eat their own shit. Within time of course.

Who the hell is "masterplan" and "sir sgrabia" or how the hell it spells? I mean WHAT are they? Never ever seen idiots like them, not on the internet nor in real life. Absolutely world class idiots, well many of them are, but these two stand out the most. JESUS  :lol: :lol:

Discovery Science next.

Gonna enjoy RTG when they realise they were wrong about Ben Arfa (not the first time they're wrong like) when he's getting back to his best, making them eat their own s***. Within time of course.

Who the hell is "masterplan" and "sir sgrabia" or how the hell it spells? I mean WHAT are they? Never ever seen idiots like them, not on the internet nor in real life. Absolutely world class idiots, well many of them are, but these two stand out the most. JESUS  :lol: :lol:

Discovery Science next.

Masterplan is the one and only Wireside isn't he?

Guest Howaythetoon

Probably the best individual goal I have ever seen in person scored at a match from Ben Arfa today. It all happened very quick but he picked the ball up from the half-way line and started to run, beating something like 5 players to the byeline where he drove towards the pen box, doing an outrageous bit of skill to dumbfound a Blackburn player in the process, before smashing it into the roof of the net from what appeared to be an acute angle. (I was sat in the East stand).

IT happened in a matter of seconds. The lad can run with the ball at incredible speed, the way he just accellerated reminded me of Dyer or Bellamy at their best, but with the kind of close control and wizardry they could only ever dream of being able to do.

Off of Best as a so-called number 10 he was hit and miss for me although he got involved a lot and still had some good moments but overall he was often brushed off the ball physically, outnumbered or simply with nothing on for him. We do not play to a playmaker or number 10s strength in that position and I don't think Ben Arfa has the wherewithall for that position, not in the congested and brutle world of the Premier League anyway. When he moved wide right he basically destroyed them and that should be his position now.

I noticed during the first half especially he seemed to kind of shy away from some 50-50s and other physical contests but after his goal he was like a blue arsed fly and got stuck in, chasing a Blackburn player back into our half from 50 yards or so, actually dragging him to ground.

Pardew may say he doesn't do enough defensively or off the ball but he does chase back and he does try to get stuck in. Unlike that waste of space Obertan who does fuck all full-stop. Simpson and Abeid were going mad with Obertan several times today as did Best at one point where he failed to deliver a ball.

Btw in that post-match interview Pardew again says he and Best (first half in particular) didn't work hard enough as a pair to close down and restrict the opposition. Just put him wide man. :lol:

Btw in that post-match interview Pardew again says he and Best (first half in particular) didn't work hard enough as a pair to close down and restrict the opposition. Just put him wide man. :lol:

Said something about it not working as a pairing aswell.

What a cheeky bastard, I'm sure he tried to score from a corner.  I have likened him to Beardsley in the past and I think Beardsley would have struggled to beat his goal today.  I can't remember the last time I saw a goal like it and it goes down as one of the best I've seen scored by a Newcastle player.

No other current Newcastle player could score a goal like that.