Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Does lose the ball far too much but totally offset by the fact he does more with in than all our players combined bar Ba.

He doesn't lose it any more often than the other fuckers, it just gets noticed more because of the expectancy when he has the ball, and because Pardew's drawn attention to it.

He lost it countless times today, but like said totally outweighed by what he does when he doesn't miss control it, pass it to an opposing player, fall over or run into a cul-de-sac.

It's a myth created by Pardew that he loses it so often. Seriously everybody loses the ball but people only pay attention when it's HBA thinking 'Hmm, Pardew has a point I guess'.

Does lose the ball far too much but totally offset by the fact he does more with in than all our players combined bar Ba.

He doesn't lose it any more often than the other fuckers, it just gets noticed more because of the expectancy when he has the ball, and because Pardew's drawn attention to it.

He lost it countless times today, but like said totally outweighed by what he does when he doesn't miss control it, pass it to an opposing player, fall over or run into a cul-de-sac.

It's a myth created by Pardew that he loses it so often. Seriously everybody loses the ball but people only pay attention when it's HBA thinking 'Hmm, Pardew has a point I guess'.

sorry for seeing it with my own eyes today.  :lol: Fuking hell, I really don't support Pardew over this or much ATM.

:lol: It's not a myth, man. There's loads of times when, rather than play a simple ball to keep possession, he'll try something daft to keep the ball himself. I know a lot of times it would mean passing to Danny Simpson, but that's life...

Ben Arfa's a greedy beggar, of that there's no doubt. But when the alternative is hoof ball where you give the ball away constantly, there is no alternative in reality.

How many players did he peg :lol:

:fwap:

Sensational, wasn't he?

Wish I could have seen Masterplan/Wireside's face watching him repeatedly rape them at ball-point. Gutted that Mignolet managed to turn away that shot at the nearpost. Very close.

Looks very comfy at wide-right. Much more effective than centrally where it gets too congested. If only we had a decent covering RB to help with defending/attacking.

Joy to watch.

Never any context in these arguments. Its about WHERE he loses the ball & what hes attempting at the time. Ofcourse all our players lose the ball, it doesnt always lead to dangerous counter attacks. His have done.

People have been on here enough times with "His teammates just arent on the same wavelength" making excuses for when its happened.

He lost it countless times today

Did he fuck, man :lol: He lost it no more than Jonas did by running down blind-alleys. Lost it no more than every other played did in the first half by lumping it aimlessly long. I'm a million miles from his biggest fan but I'd love to see some statistics on how often each player wastes the ball, as I don't think Ben Arfa would be anywhere near the biggest culprit.

:lol: It's not a myth, man. There's loads of times when, rather than play a simple ball to keep possession, he'll try something daft to keep the ball himself. I know a lot of times it would mean passing to Danny Simpson, but that's life...

Nope.  He is an attacking player that looks to create.  He isn't going to waste possession going sideways or backwards unless he is under too much pressure.

Would you rather us have 4 Scotty Parker-type players in midfield?  Sure, they'll keep those passes going, but they'll all be fucking sideways.

Ben Arfa's a greedy beggar, of that there's no doubt. But when the alternative is hoof ball where you give the ball away constantly, there is no alternative in reality.

You make out that him being greedy is a bad thing?  It really isn't.

Backed Pardew all the way on this one but HBA was exceptional today. One or two dodgy moments but definitely worth it.

Tbf, a flair player losing the ball isn't exactly a dodgy moment. Not every pass forward can be successful.

He lost it countless times today

Did he fuck, man :lol: He lost it no more than Jonas did by running down blind-alleys. Lost it no more than every other played did in the first half by lumping it aimlessly long. I'm a million miles from his biggest fan but I'd love to see some statistics on how often each player wastes the ball, as I don't think Ben Arfa would be anywhere near the biggest culprit.

I'm not talking about Jonas, its HBA thread. And he did lose it countless times, tell me how many times he lost it?

You make out that him being greedy is a bad thing?  It really isn't.

It is when you're trying to take on a 3rd man a yard from goal at the byline