Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

"Hatem is good, very very good but we have to be aware of the dangers going the other way. They have a young boy McClean who has made a big impact and looks like he could be the new Damien Duff. We have to take that in to account."

I would definitely start him. I'm going to go along with Wullie's suggestion - just put Ben Arfa on the left and move Jonas to the right. Firstly, Santon and Ben Arfa would have Larsson and (possibly) Gardner to deal with - players who are hardly the quickest. Our lads should be able to handle them imo; and secondly, Jonas would give Simpson that much needed protection and I think Jonas would be better equipped to handle McClean. One final note too, Ben Arfa's best games for us have come from the left wing so why not put him there? Go on Alan....

Tomorrow is the first match in a while where I don't think he should start. We need Raylor to help Simpson against Richardson and McClean, whilst Jonas will make life tricky for their RB. But using him from the bench is a great option.

Ryan Taylor doesn't help Simpson.

Id prefer him on the left. He'd have less pressure to beat a man & at times could just whip in a cross from wherever, we certainly have fowards now who'd benefit from his technique.

On the right unless he beats a man once or twice & drives more centrally to create a shot he cant do much. Its asking a lot everytime which wont help him atm.

Id prefer him on the left. He'd have less pressure to beat a man & at times could just whip in a cross from wherever, we certainly have fowards now who'd benefit from his technique.

On the right unless he beats a man once or twice & drives more centrally to create a shot he cant do much. Its asking a lot everytime which wont help him atm.

Ben Arfa isnt the type of winger who is going to cross the ball...... he's either going to cut inside and shoot all skin his defender run down the bye line and pull it back for a player running into the box.

Didnt he say in France he hates playing on the left wing tho?

And if people are worried about about us playing 2 up top just because they're worried about teams with 3 in midfield, we might as well flog Ba and get a £10m central-midfielder to accompany Tiote & Cabaye. It's rubbish.

Weren't you one of the big stat merchants who were trying to convince everyone how valuable Kevin Nolan was to our cause? Before rubbishing other opinions you might want to ponder how that played out.

Guest Spark

Tomorrow is the first match in a while where I don't think he should start. We need Raylor to help Simpson against Richardson and McClean, whilst Jonas will make life tricky for their RB. But using him from the bench is a great option.

How many other teams pick wingers based on their defensive capabilities? Especially at home, against a shit team. Absolutely shite attitude imo.

How many other teams pick wingers based on their defensive capabilities? Especially at home, against a shit team. Absolutely shite attitude imo.

Ugh, forget that, why are we intentionally crippling ourselves down the right hand side? Spring a surprise on them, unleash Santon and Ben Arfa down the right with Fergie and Jonas on the left, they'll never see it coming  :cheesy: (neither will we)

"Hatem is good, very very good but we have to be aware of the dangers going the other way. They have a young boy McClean who has made a big impact and looks like he could be the new Damien Duff. We have to take that in to account."

No we fucking don't man! We're the home team FFS. Why don't we make THEM have to take into account our offensive players?

Why isn't it MON the one who is saying "They have a young boy Hetem who has made a big impact and looks like he could be the new *insert generic name here*. We have to take that in to account."?

It's fucking pathetic, man, it's James fucking McClean, we are actually going to keep Ben Arfa on the bench because of James fucking McClean :lol:

Last season yes, were many people suggesting Nolan shouldn't play? In the summer I said I was pleased he was gone in favour of Cabaye.

I suggested Nolan shouldn't play when we signed him. It's hardly being wise after the event all things considered.

Last season yes, were many people suggesting Nolan shouldn't play? In the summer I said I was pleased he was gone in favour of Cabaye.

I suggested Nolan shouldn't play when we signed him. It's hardly being wise after the event all things considered.

For two of the two and a half years here, Nolan did more good than harm to the team.

No we fucking don't man! We're the home team FFS. Why don't we make THEM have to take into account our offensive players?

Why isn't it MON the one who is saying "They have a young boy Hetem who has made a big impact and looks like he could be the new *insert generic name here*. We have to take that in to account."?

It's fucking pathetic, man, it's James fucking McClean, we are actually going to keep Ben Arfa on the bench because of James fucking McClean :lol:

:thup: Frustrating.  Saying that, if we win tomorrow I won't give a flying fuck.  Sort of hope we don't see HBA tomorrow since it seems the only time he gets on is when we're struggling to impose ourselves.

No we f***ing don't man! We're the home team FFS. Why don't we make THEM have to take into account our offensive players?

It's f***ing pathetic, man, it's James f***ing McClean, we are actually going to keep Ben Arfa on the bench because of James f***ing McClean :lol:

Mate, that quote was fake/made up! :laugh:

Ugh, forget that, why are we intentionally crippling ourselves down the right hand side? Spring a surprise on them, unleash Santon and Ben Arfa down the right with Fergie and Jonas on the left, they'll never see it coming  :cheesy: (neither will we)

:thup:

No we f***ing don't man! We're the home team FFS. Why don't we make THEM have to take into account our offensive players?

It's f***ing pathetic, man, it's James f***ing McClean, we are actually going to keep Ben Arfa on the bench because of James f***ing McClean :lol:

Mate, that quote was fake/made up! :laugh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Drop our number 9 striker who's scored 2 in 2 at home??? Christ this HBA thing is fucking ridiculous man. Ahead of R.Taylor or Simpson aye but not Cisse.

I refer you to that first half. You can have the world's best two strikers on the pitch but if the gameplan is to hoof the ball long and high they aren't going to see much of it.