Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Ben Arfa would walk into our team with any other manager.

Dunno. Not sure Souness or Kinnear would like him :lol:.

I'll give you the first one, not sure about the 2nd.

Don't forget Kinnear sold N'Zogbia and replaced him with Ryan Taylor.

AP was full of praise for HBA post match... "Best 45mins for the club" amongst other comments including admiting he may of got it wrong today... Reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised if he starts next few games...

AP was full of praise for HBA post match... "Best 45mins for the club" amongst other comments including admiting he may of got it wrong today... Reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised if he starts next few games...

He's praised him before only to drop him, take anything with a pinch of salt.

AP was full of praise for HBA post match... "Best 45mins for the club" amongst other comments including admiring he may of got it wrong today... Reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised if he starts next few games...

He also said the goal against Blackburn was the best he'd ever seen, then dropped him.

Better to hear that than the opposite, I guess, but we've been down this road before and more than once. No one will rest easy until the next game's lineup is announced.

FWIW, I want to see him have a run. I know he's going to p*ss me off at times, but if it's the choice between him and Raylor/Obertan... it's not even a choice, tbh.

I would go along with that, he needs games and should be given a start for the rest of the season and he should be told that so he doesn't feel like he has to win every game on his own.

FWIW, I want to see him have a run. I know he's going to piss me off at times, but if it's the choice between him and Raylor/Obertan... it's not even a choice, tbh.

This. He needs to be starting regularly week in week out. Interesting to hear Keegan say he liked full backs who could play football before the game, even if it was a bit riskier than having one who would clear the ball into row Z. The same should apply to Ben Arfa for me.

Guest bimpy474

Seeing as we played our now default hoofball first half, where virtually everyone gave it away, cant believe the stick HBA gets for doing it once or twice.

HBA who is Uber talented, brilliant feet, great turn of pace, skillful, commits players unlike Shitebulb for instance, jeez i can see why some wouldn't want him in the team, as he gives it away now and again too.

Whatever HBA's faults are, they are completely outweighed by what he does bring to the team.

FWIW, I want to see him have a run. I know he's going to p*ss me off at times, but if it's the choice between him and Raylor/Obertan... it's not even a choice, tbh.

I would go along with that, he needs games and should be given a start for the rest of the season and he should be told that so he doesn't feel like he has to win every game on his own.

This is my biggest problem with him.

He's an exceptional talent and probably our rawest creative threat that we have. Sometimes he makes some wonderful movement and passing, but other times he feels like he has to do everything - run, take on, cut back, shoot and score - that's what often leads to this "he always loses the ball."

If he gets it drilled into himself to pass the ball more, then he could be unstoppable.

He is our only creative midfielder, he was great today,  what aren't people getting ?

Leave it man. Its Pardew lovers against Ben Arfa. Crazy if you follow both threads.

He is our only creative midfielder, he was great today,  what aren't people getting ?

Leave it man. Its Pardew lovers against Ben Arfa. Crazy if you follow both threads.

Explain my post then?  I like Pardew and can see his flaws.  I like Ben Arfa and can see his flaws.  All along I have said I would play Ben Arfa, but can see reasons why Pardew may not always start.  Not that strange a stance.

Explain my post then?  I like Pardew and can see his flaws.  I like Ben Arfa and can see his flaws.  All along I have said I would play Ben Arfa, but can see reasons why Pardew may not always start.  Not that strange a stance.

Was quoting Elliotman. Have nothing to do with your opinion.