Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Drop our number 9 striker who's scored 2 in 2 at home??? Christ this HBA thing is f***ing ridiculous man. Ahead of R.Taylor or Simpson aye but not Cisse.

Who said anything about dropping him? If he's struggling with a groin strain then leave him on the bench, if he's 100% fit then don't.

TRon

Guest Dontooner

Cisse is undroppable , we have two goal machines that feeds on little service. HBA can sit on the bench if its for those two.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/9121366/Martin-ONeill-gives-Sunderlands-Stephane-Sessegnon-free-rein-to-cause-chaos-in-derby.html

O’Neill gives players confidence and Sessegnon has responded as well as anyone to his man management.

“He has been as important as anyone since I arrived,” said O’Neill. “He gives us something a little bit different.

“He is capable of doing something unexpected and those types of players are worth their weight in gold. I just say to him go and play.”

“I sometimes say to there is no point telling him what to do because he doesn’t listen and he wouldn’t do it anyway,” added O’Neill.

“But despite all the fun we have with him, he will naturally drop and help out [defensively].

“You get some players like him who do not want to work going backwards, but he will do. It’s hard for him, he’s best conserving his energy to going forward, but he will help the team.

“He’s less influential the further he goes back so we want him to do his work further up the pitch.

“At times he’ll over play it and over use it, but I would rather he continues to do those things because sooner rather than later he is going to break through the defence.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/9121366/Alan-Pardew-gives-Newcastles-Ban-Arfa-free-rein-to-cause-chaos-in-derby.html

Pardew gives players confidence and Ben Arfa has responded as well as anyone to his man management.

“He has been as important as anyone since I arrived,” said Pardew. “He gives us something a little bit different.

“He is capable of doing something unexpected and those types of players are worth their weight in gold. I just say to him go and play.”

“I sometimes say to there is no point telling him what to do because he doesn’t listen and he wouldn’t do it anyway,” added Pardew.

“But despite all the fun we have with him, he will naturally drop and help out [defensively].

“You get some players like him who do not want to work going backwards, but he will do. It’s hard for him, he’s best conserving his energy to going forward, but he will help the team.

“He’s less influential the further he goes back so we want him to do his work further up the pitch.

“At times he’ll over play it and over use it, but I would rather he continues to do those things because sooner rather than later he is going to break through the defence.”

I didn't have to change much.

HBA starts on thr right or nowhere. You dont drop the front two, its what the Mackems will be fearing the most.

Why not the left?

I guess because he can't offer Santon the defensive support that Jonas does

Though considering they will have Larsson on the right I think we could play Ben Arfa wide left BUT it is not gonna happen

Sess generally plays off a front man though doesnt he? Ben Arfa barely managed to touch the ball in that position so was dropping to deep for it, thats when losing the ball lead to counters.

Sess generally plays off a front man though doesnt he? Ben Arfa barely managed to touch the ball in that position so was dropping to deep for it, thats when losing the ball lead to counters.

He won a penalty in one of the games which got us a point at Old Trafford.

:thup:

I'm not too averse to us selling him in the summer, providing we get an upgrade. Someone like Arjen Robben will do - similar raw ability level as Ben Arfa imo (great close control, change of direction, unpredictability, deceptively good shooting technique), but far more consistency, and because he's well developed and experienced he knows when/when not to dribble (which arguably is Ben Arfa's biggest flaw). Of course we could give Ben Arfa the time to develop into a world class player simply by ironing out that one flaw of trying too much too often, but that's pointless when we could easily go out and get a better player like Robben.

Would love it if Pardew had the same attitude with Ben Arfa, im sure if given an honest chance he will win us more points than we'll loose with him in the team. Would probably give our other players more space and chances as well,

(given an honest chance)

HBA starts on thr right or nowhere. You dont drop the front two, its what the Mackems will be fearing the most.

Why not the left?

I guess because he can't offer Santon the defensive support that Jonas does

Though considering they will have Larsson on the right I think we could play Ben Arfa wide left BUT it is not gonna happen

I'd say Simpson needs more help than Santon does tbh.

I'm not too averse to us selling him in the summer, providing we get an upgrade. Someone like Arjen Robben will do - similar raw ability level as Ben Arfa imo (great close control, change of direction, unpredictability, deceptively good shooting technique), but far more consistency, and because he's well developed and experienced he knows when/when not to dribble (which arguably is Ben Arfa's biggest flaw). Of course we could give Ben Arfa the time to develop into a world class player simply by ironing out that one flaw of trying too much too often, but that's pointless when we could easily go out and get a better player like Robben.

http://www.virtualsportsdaily.com/forum/images/smilies/2663254RKL82v5Z%5B1%5D.gif

Tomorrow is the first match in a while where I don't think he should start. We need Raylor to help Simpson against Richardson and McClean, whilst Jonas will make life tricky for their RB. But using him from the bench is a great option.

Tomorrow is the first match in a while where I don't think he should start. We need Raylor to help Simpson against Richardson and McClean, whilst Jonas will make life tricky for their RB. But using him from the bench is a great option.

There's absolutely no way we should be picking a side against the mackems that's set up to worry about a single one of their players. What are they, 14th? They're fucking dogshit.

O'Neill won't be sacrificing his attacking players because we've got good centre forwards, why on Earth would he?