Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Probably should not have played.

He needed a game at some point tbf, he's got 60 mins under his belt now which should help him and the team going forward.

True, just looked so far off it, may have been better bringing him on rather than starting him

wish he had just smashed that chance and put his laces through it instead of trying the dink.

alternativly, had he lashed it and the keeper saved it, you'd be posting "i wish he'd tried to just dink it over the keeper".

Guest VanBarduck

He made a couple of good runs tonight , he had some burn of pace ,  also he managed to take on few players which is hard to do when you're unfit (even for messi or ronaldo). My question is ;

Why everybody thoughts he was a bit rusty or didn't fully recorvered his speed etc...

I was quite surprised to see him at this level ( physically) IMO.

He was probably fucked by that chance too tbh. He looked pretty shattered walking off.

The main thing is minutes under his belt and despite being out for so long he was still class enough to get himself into the best position of the game.

Thought he was a lot less involved than usual, which isn't a bad thing.  I think it may have been one of the reasons Pardew was happy to stick him up top on his lonesome as it meant he wasn't in the thick of everything on his first game back. Also meant he didn't have as many defensive duties as he normally would playing on the right, so wasn't required to do as much tracking back etc.

Really pleased he got an hour under his belt and come out unscathed. Will have done him wonders. :smitten:

Had the best chance of the game as well, good move from Pardew.