Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

so he's been out for best part of two and a half months. he's just returned to full training this week but looking good for it and some are complaining that he isn't being thrown straight in ?

strange place this at times.  :sad:

Im sure he has done quite a lot of 'full training' at Clarefontaine though.

And not just his rehab.

and i'm sure we'll play him as soon as he's ready.

Maybe, maybe not.

When he came back from France he went straight in to our team against Spurs without any real 'full training' with the rest of our squad, more or less. Therefore i think he's had quite a lot of training over there this time as well. Will he start? dunno about that, time will tell.

Im sure he has done quite a lot of 'full training' at Clarefontaine though.

And not just his rehab.

and i'm sure we'll play him as soon as he's ready.

Maybe, maybe not.

When he came back from France he went straight in to our team against Spurs without any real 'full training' with the rest of our squad, more or less. Therefore i think he's had quite a lot of training over there this time as well. Will he start? dunno about that, time will tell.

my guess is he's being monitored, in august they thought he was ready, maybe not so now, different injuries, different recoveries and perhaps they are worried after his last comeback.

Guest VanBarduck

Pardew isn't the only one who said that Ben arfa is in terrific shape , a journalist from Rmc said so too.

Give him at least a cameo against Southampton.

Play him you c***.

Yeah that's right lets just throw in back in and risk re-inury with a notoriously difficult area to treat. Do you not think they're desperate for him to play as he brings so much to the side. The lad hasn't played full speed competetive football for months, they have to be 100% sure he's ready. My guess is he'll make the bench on sunday but you throwing some predictable slant at Pardew over this is fairly predictable of someone who hasn't thought this through properly. Pardew doesn't just pull decisions out of the air, there's a whole team monitoring HBA's fitness/strength and if he isn't ready he isn't ready.

Some people on here are unbelievable. Do we not remember the Fulham game where we brought him back from injury (obviously too soon) and lost him for over two months? If that we're to happen again then that's him out for the season. Much better to ease him back in gently and have him for the rest of the season than rush him and lose him.

Play him you c***.

Yeah that's right lets just throw in back in and risk re-inury with a notoriously difficult area to treat. Do you not think they're desperate for him to play as he brings so much to the side. The lad hasn't played full speed competetive football for months, they have to be 100% sure he's ready. My guess is he'll make the bench on sunday but you throwing some predictable slant at Pardew over this is fairly predictable of someone who hasn't thought this through properly. Pardew doesn't just pull decisions out of the air, there's a whole team monitoring HBA's fitness/strength and if he isn't ready he isn't ready.

Don't come on here and make sensible posts..

If it's a case of him just not being match fit then not even having him the bench is the the wrong decision, simple as that. He mustn't be physically fit, not even Pardew in ultra-caution mode is that numb.

I hope he's just in mind game mode, but I wouldn't put it past him to be that cautious.

Some people on here are unbelievable. Do we not remember the Fulham game where we brought him back from injury (obviously too soon) and lost him for over two months? If that we're to happen again then that's him out for the season. Much better to ease him back in gently and have him for the rest of the season than rush him and lose him.

That's because he was still injured when we brought him back, not because he was lacking match sharpness. There's a pretty massive difference.

He's clearly one of the first names on Pardew's team sheet now anyway so I doubt he'd be out of the squad - never mind the starting XI - if he was fit.

Pretty sure, as is always the case in such situations, Pardew will simply follow the advice of the medical team.

Alternatively, Pardew is sabotaging our darling Hatem in a desperate attempt to relegate us. The man will stop at absolutely nothing to crush NUFC. Our fall down the football pyramid is the drug he craves. 

Pretty sure, as is always the case in such situations, Pardew will simply follow the advice of the medical team.

Alternatively, Pardew is sabotaging our darling Hatem in a desperate attempt to relegate us. The man will stop at absolutely nothing to crush NUFC. Our fall down the football pyramid is the drug he craves. 

I suppose he was deliberately sabotaging us on any of the occasions when he completely fucked up the starting line up or made the perfectly wrong substitutions that led to us throwing away points?  People suggesting he might do the wrong thing doesn't mean they think he's doing it with malice.  Its just that they don't trust his judgment anymore.

Also doesn't help when he says stupid things like "Player X is in terrific condition but lacks match fitness, so he won't be involved in the next match".

I suppose he was deliberately sabotaging us on any of the occasions when he completely fucked up the starting line up or made the perfectly wrong substitutions that led to us throwing away points?

Aye, definitely.

Play him you c***.

Don't come on here and make sensible posts..

I'm going by his explanation. "Not match fit". If that involves being careful because of an injury, then that's a different thing.

I really doubt he would have come back until the people at Clairefontaine said he was ready to go, in which case the only way he will get match fit is by getting minutes coming off the bench which I still think we will see on Sunday