Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest alijmitchell

Ironically some of Robert's best performances as an individual came under Souness, especially during that 8 game winning streak.

Biggest load of s**** I've ever heard this.

Roberts standout performances? Spurs home, Man U home, arsenal away, boro away, basle?

Guest Publius

Quite a fair analysis of his performance today on sky sports:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287522/analysis

Not really fair at all. He compares the key passes of somebody who plays for quarter of an hour most games to players who play 90 minutes most weeks.

Exactly. He has a better passing percentage than all of them, but of course he has less key passes than them per game because he has not been starting every game like the other 3. Nonsense article.

I'd have Solano over Ben Arfa as well

I'd be loathe to compare anybody under Pardew to those that played under Robson. The current lot are at a massive disadvantage.

Could you imagine Pardew's management of Robert for example? :anguish:

Guest alijmitchell

I'd have Solano over Ben Arfa as well

I'd be loathe to compare anybody under Pardew to those that played under Robson. The current lot are at a massive disadvantage.

Could you imagine Pardew's management of Robert for example? :anguish:

Ha, not much of a stretch to imagine another talented french player sitting on the bench.

Guest alijmitchell

Pards in charge of Robson's 01-02 side. Line up probably a 442 with Given, Bernard, O'Brien, Dabizas, Griffin, Speed, Acuna, Lee, Solano, Bellamy, Shearer. Bench would be Dyer, Robert, Cort, Distin, Hughes or some shit like that.

Turns out he's unsuited to looking for flick ons from the big, s*** lad upfront, who'd have guessed.

difficult to know as the lump upfront kept getting outjumped by 2 shit defenders almost a combined foot shorter than him.

Guest hatem garrincha

He wan't the worst player on the pitch yesterday, but he must work on his fitness and loose weight. He was literally glued on the pitch sometimes, too fat to intercept a few pass not directly on his feet…

He still found Shola in good positions a couple of times, and globally I thought he tried to play the simple pass and quickly, excepting for their…third goal :-(

His point seems to be that Ben Arfa isn't as good as Cabaye in the central role? And that his range of passing isn't as good? Well no shit, Benny's threat comes from picking up the ball in wide positions and running at defenders, not from his killer range of passing. Not that he can't pick out a pass but to compare him to Cabaye is apples and oranges

His point seems to be that Ben Arfa isn't as good as Cabaye in the central role? And that his range of passing isn't as good? Well no s***, Benny's threat comes from picking up the ball in wide positions and running at defenders, not from his killer range of passing. Not that he can't pick out a pass but to compare him to Cabaye is apples and oranges

It was this quote which I particularly agreed with:

Newcastle did not seem to know what they wanted to do with Ben Arfa, who was frequently shifted across the pitch throughout the game from left to right. It resulted in an average position in a central area similar to that in which Cabaye operated in his final game for the club against West Ham United but both Ben Arfa and his team-mates looked confused and lost.

He wan't the worst player on the pitch yesterday, but he must work on his fitness and loose weight. He was literally glued on the pitch sometimes, too fat to intercept a few pass not directly on his feet…

He still found Shola in good positions a couple of times, and globally I thought he tried to play the simple pass and quickly, excepting for their…third goal :-(

Needs to spend less time in all you can eat Buffet's in The Gate then.

How much time is he spending there? I know he's been seen out and about these places, but is there reason to think he's overdoing it?

What's this about him out last night having pictures taken with Mackems?

Firstly would ANYONE go out on a night out in Sunderland*, secondly how the fuck would he know they were mackems? :lol:

*I assume this is the only way anyone would know they were mackems.