Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I think he's a great talent with untapped potential, but don't get me wrong I think he should take blame for some of his performances but equally we should be looking at circumstances beyond his control that are stunting his effectiveness in our team. He just personifies the most frustrating facts that make up NUFC right now.

I don't care anymore honestly, he's never going to amount to anything at this club or neither will anyone else while Ashley is the owner and Pardew is the manager.

Hurts to say it but the whole team is just pointless, its the same with Moyes at Man Yoo those of their support who think anything will change with Moyes in charge are simply deluding themselves.

I don't care anymore honestly, he's never going to amount to anything at this club or neither will anyone else while Ashley is the owner and Pardew is the manager.

Hurts to say it but the whole team is just pointless, its the same with Moyes at Man Yoo those of their support who think anything will change with Moyes in charge are simply deluding themselves.

We can only hope that the latter changes while the former is still here, as you say everything else just seems fruitless.

His attitude might be in question at times but imagine what a decent coach could do with this player. Unfortunately we don't have any at the club at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive Ben Arfa fan and would start him every week regardless.  I also think our coaching is awful.  But - hasn't the inability to unlock his undoubted talent been a major stumbling block wherever HBA has been?

The fact he hasn't reached his potential is the reason he is playing for us.

Hatem Ben Starta > Hatem Benched Arfa

Results this season say different :)

Nah but anyway, I hope him coming off early against Chelsea was because the game was lost and Pardew was saving him for Spurs. I'd hate if he was back on the bench because of his performance.

He was always going to struggle against that Chelsea team, they were too strong and I'm pretty sure like most of our team he spent the majority of the game deep in his own half.

His attitude might be in question at times but imagine what a decent coach could do with this player. Unfortunately we don't have any at the club at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive Ben Arfa fan and would start him every week regardless.  I also think our coaching is awful.  But - hasn't the inability to unlock his undoubted talent been a major stumbling block wherever HBA has been?

The fact he hasn't reached his potential is the reason he is playing for us.

Yup, think his lazy attitude in his younger years has stopped him from becoming a world class player.

Just looking at Ben Arfa's previous managers at his other clubs & national team, none of these have got the best out of him which is a shame as he has the technical ability.

Lyon (2004 - 2008) his managers were Paul Le Guen, Gerard Houlier & Alain Perrin

Marseille (2008 - 2010) his managers were Eric Gerets & Didier Deschamps

Newcastle (2010 - present) - Alan Pardew

France (2007 - Present) - his managers were Raymond Domenech, Laurent Blanc & Didier Deschamps

Guest hatem garrincha

Ben Arfa has mental issues. That's his problem since the begining. He got, gets the attributes to reach any standard but he  just can't do it. 

I hate to say this, as one who absolutely loves watching Hatem play for us - I just personally don't see it ever working out for him. It would have to be a massive change in his life or best (for us) manager, who knows how to get on with him and get him back looking in shape and playing top football.

I hope I'm wrong (pray even) and I hope he does work out for us, and I hope its under a manager who sees that this once in a lifetime type talent is under contract at Newcastle United and sees how to set him up for success and turns him into the consistent, brilliant, and match-winning player that has the ability to tear defenses into shreds.

I wouldn't even mind if he just tore a defence to shreds once every four matches. I wouldn't drop him every time he doesn't, though.

Still aghast at the fact the player we saw at the start of the season has had the time he's had without having the injury problems of previous years.

Hope Hatem tears them apart tonight if he's up for it. Unfortunately I'm not too confident of that. Plus he's up against Rose, who is probably faster than Hatem, so he may have a tough time getting the better of him.

If he's even selected that is.