Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Roger Kint

Hit and miss but he did nearly score twice, which is more than anyone else on the pitch. He's clearly under pressure because he doesn't think Pardew has any faith in him.

From what i heard last night Pardew's issues with him have nothing to do with on the pitch in games.

What did you hear last night exactly?

That its his lazy attitude and determination to do the bare minimum in training that infuriates Pardew and some of the other players. Pardew actually massively rates him on the pitch. Seems the 'workrate' issues arent tracking back but in actually proving he wants to play each day. Cue pointless reply bleating over Raylor/Obertan from someone.

He doesn't fit into how we want to play, which is a large part of the problem.

I'm sure he'd pass the ball more if we had some sort of movement going on around him. He does need to use the ball better when he does get his chances, but it baffles me that some people can't see that he's the most dangerous creative player we have.

9 out of 10 of Robert's crosses were wank, you put up with that because the tenth one will be fucking impossible to defend. Same with Ben Arfa, yes he lost it plenty today but he was also the only one who looked like making the winner.

Why was he so slow today? He's ran and accelerated at a decent pace in most of our other matches. Couldn't get away from anyone at all in that match. If that is what he's doing in training, then it makes perfect sense for him to be our last option off the bench.

You honestly think Ryan Taylor is a better option to start?

That's not what I said, really. HBA is one of my favourite players. I loved him at OM and based on talent and what I know of the two players, I would pick Ben Arfa to start 10 times out of 9. But if this performance is an indication of what Pardew sees everyday, I cannot blame him for the decision. At least Taylor will maintain possession, occasionally out a cross in and graft. I have not seen any of this from Ben Arfa in his cameo.

Think it's tough to come into a team playing as badly as we were today.

Yes, it is tough indeed, but he was terrible in his efforts to shine and to play on his own. Very very rusty and his work enthusiasm highly suspicous.

it's also worth noting he probably tries too hard because he knows how quick pardew is to drop him after poor showings so it's a sort of self fulfiling prophecy. i thought guthrie was far worse

That and the fact we're throwing him into scenarios where the sole emphasis is on him to create something and breakdown defences. Of course he's going to lose the ball a few times, but he still created our two best chances of the second half. I think all most people want is for him to get a fair run in the team like Obertan did despite showing no promise whatsoever.

Hit and miss but he did nearly score twice, which is more than anyone else on the pitch. He's clearly under pressure because he doesn't think Pardew has any faith in him.

From what i heard last night Pardew's issues with him have nothing to do with on the pitch in games.

That its his lazy attitude and determination to do the bare minimum in training that infuriates Pardew and some of the other players. Pardew actually massively rates him on the pitch. Seems the 'workrate' issues arent tracking back but in actually proving he wants to play each day. Cue pointless reply bleating over Raylor/Obertan from someone.

revelations...

He played like he did when he just returned from the broken leg. Rusty, dodgy decison making,lack of pace etc. Probably due to his lack of game time. Yet he still almost won us the game. Play him advanced enough and we will reap the rewards

I can't believe that people can say anything about HBA other than "he's potentially class but he hasn't been given a chance". Those are the facts, on ability he deserves a run of 10 games in the team with no possibility of being dropped. Then we might be dusting off our passports next season.

Guest Roger Kint

revelations...

Never said they were, just addressing the fasleness of Pardew having no faith in him like it was suggested. Sorry it wasnt groundbreaking stuff like :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Came very close to winning the game for us but obviously those errors can't be excused. Obviously I think those kind of overrunning errors will be cut out when he's playing regularly (which won't happen).

Pardew needs to learn from Fergie, who doesn't give a shit about how his best players train.

Pardew needs to learn from Fergie, who doesn't give a s*** about how his best players train.

Yep, this.

the only one who actually looked capable of producing that moment of magic we needed.... unfortunately it wasn't to be today.

He did lose the ball a couple of times, but he was also chasing the opponents deep into our RB area towards the end. There's nothing wrong with his work rate for an attacking player, tbh.

:lol:

The excuses on here FFS.

If it was Obertan that played like that it'd be an entirely different story.

Obertan had something like 17 starts to get to know the rhythm of the team and get used to playing regularly. barfa has never played more than 3. do you expect him to come straight in and score a hat-trick a game? He nearly won it for us ffs/

I wonder what you were like when Robert played for us (if you were born/old enough) because he lost the ball a lot and his tracking back was far worse than ben arfas.

:lol:

The excuses on here FFS.

If it was Obertan that played like that it'd be an entirely different story.

Obertan had something like 17 starts to get to know the rhythm of the team and get used to playing regularly. barfa has never played more than 3. do you expect him to come straight in and score a hat-trick a game? He nearly won it for us ffs/

I wonder what you were like when Robert played for us (if you were born/old enough) because he lost the ball a lot and his tracking back was far worse than ben arfas.

Robert actually knew how to pass and cross the ball - a key skill that Ben Arfa seems incapable of doing.