Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Roger Kint

Hit and miss but he did nearly score twice, which is more than anyone else on the pitch. He's clearly under pressure because he doesn't think Pardew has any faith in him.

From what i heard last night Pardew's issues with him have nothing to do with on the pitch in games.

What did you hear last night exactly?

That its his lazy attitude and determination to do the bare minimum in training that infuriates Pardew and some of the other players. Pardew actually massively rates him on the pitch. Seems the 'workrate' issues arent tracking back but in actually proving he wants to play each day. Cue pointless reply bleating over Raylor/Obertan from someone.

Pardew needs to learn from Fergie, who doesn't give a s*** about how his best players train.

Yep, this.

That the same Fergie who dropped a couple of first teamers over Xmas due to their unprofessional off pitch attitudes?

Roger, you know what he means man. Like when he didn't give a fuck what Cantona gave in training or what weird outfits he turned up in for away games, because he was his talisman and by far his best player.

The same way that Warnock got the best out of Taraabt, make him untouchable. Make him feel like you love him and he's the best player in the world.

Hit and miss but he did nearly score twice, which is more than anyone else on the pitch. He's clearly under pressure because he doesn't think Pardew has any faith in him.

From what i heard last night Pardew's issues with him have nothing to do with on the pitch in games.

That its his lazy attitude and determination to do the bare minimum in training that infuriates Pardew and some of the other players. Pardew actually massively rates him on the pitch. Seems the 'workrate' issues arent tracking back but in actually proving he wants to play each day. Cue pointless reply bleating over Raylor/Obertan from someone.

Pardew needs to learn from Fergie, who doesn't give a s*** about how his best players train.

Yep, this.

That the same Fergie who dropped a couple of first teamers over Xmas due to their unprofessional off pitch attitudes?

Getting drunk is different to not training well.

Scholes said a few months ago that he was always a shit trainer and Ferguson never took notice of it.

There are some players who take their training into a match, and there are others who don't. A good manager can distinguish between the different types of players he has at the club. You can't expect every player to train like a superhero and be able to play like that in a match. Some guys might be good in training because they're not under pressure (ahem, Shola), while some others just can't up for training because they can't be arsed but put them in a match and they will be electric because it's the real deal. If Pardew expects all his players to go all out in training then he's fucking dim.

Guest Roger Kint

Roger, you know what he means man. Like when he didn't give a fuck what Cantona gave in training or what weird outfits he turned up in for away games, because he was his talisman and by far his best player. The same with that Warnock got the best out of Taraabt, make him untouchable.

Of course i do. It was tongue in fucking cheek :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Yep, this.

Getting drunk is different to not training well.

Scholes said a few months ago that he was always a shit trainer and Ferguson never took notice of it.

There are some players who take their training into a match, and there are others who don't. A good manager can distinguish between the different types of players he has at the club. You can't expect every player to train like a superhero and be able to play like that in a match. Some guys might be good in training because they're not under pressure (ahem, Shola), while some others just can't up for training because they can't be arsed but put them in a match and they will be electric because it's the real deal. If Pardew expects all his players to go all out in training then he's fucking dim.

Didnt read as i addressed it in the last post.

Roger, you know what he means man. Like when he didn't give a fuck what Cantona gave in training or what weird outfits he turned up in for away games, because he was his talisman and by far his best player. The same with that Warnock got the best out of Taraabt, make him untouchable.

Of course i do. It was tongue in fucking cheek :lol:

Your deadpan humour is second to none.

:lol:

The excuses on here FFS.

If it was Obertan that played like that it'd be an entirely different story.

Obertan had something like 17 starts to get to know the rhythm of the team and get used to playing regularly. barfa has never played more than 3. do you expect him to come straight in and score a hat-trick a game? He nearly won it for us ffs/

I wonder what you were like when Robert played for us (if you were born/old enough) because he lost the ball a lot and his tracking back was far worse than ben arfas.

Robert actually knew how to pass and cross the ball - a key skill that Ben Arfa seems incapable of doing.

HBA knows how to pass and cross the ball very well, he just has the problem with when to do it.

He's become a wildcard for Pardew. Somebody to throw on and hope he does something out of nothing - you can see it with the players. They give him the ball and then watch hoping he can take a player out of the game, carry it into the box or have a shot.

He's becoming an outcast, a square peg in a team of round holes and as far as I'm concerned it's completely inexcusable. The blame lies solely at Pardew's feet, he should be doing everything possible to work him into the team and get the team functioning with him in it - not as a desperate alternative to the methodical hoofball we played today and have done most of the season.

He's become a wildcard for Pardew. Somebody to throw on and hope he does something out of nothing - you can see it with the players. They give him the ball and then watch hoping he can take a player out of the game, carry it into the box or have a shot.

He's becoming an outcast, a square peg in a team of round holes and as far as I'm concerned it's completely inexcusable. The blame lies solely at Pardew's feet, he should be doing everything possible to work him into the team and get the team functioning with him in it - not as a desperate alternative to the methodical hoofball we played today and have done most of the season.

Spot on that.

Boom.

Looked like he'd not played in a while today, I wonder why?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Another top post mate.

:thup:

Starting to wonder why he won't whip a ball over now and then.

Because there was no one in the box? You want him to be a moron like Simpson and lob it aimlessly into a group of defenders? I'd rather he try and dribble around the whole team if it forces the other players in our team to move up and support him out of sheer frustration.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I do remember when he played on the left at Stoke last season he put some absolutely lush driven crosses in. Swap him and Jonas round on the flanks, give it a whirl.

Agree with all of that actually, my thoughts exactly

Spot on :thup:

Spot on :thup:

:thup:

Starting to wonder why he won't whip a ball over now and then.

Because there was no one in the box? You want him to be a moron like Simpson and lob it aimlessly into a group of defenders? I'd rather he try and dribble around the whole team if it forces the other players in our team to move up and support him out of sheer frustration.

Nah, there were a few occasions when there was at least one person in the box when I'd liked him to have crossed it in, simple as that really.

Wolves had the box packed so I'm guessing he just thought the odds of picking out a man were slim, Pardew will disagree. You could see his plan was to either get to the byline and smash one across the face/pull it back to the penalty spot, or cut in on his left and have a crack himself.