Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Would rather forfeit our remaining games than not play him tbqh. 

just saying, in 27 minutes everyone's looked decent and contributed more than raylor...i simply can't see what he's doing that hba OR obertan for example couldn't do

He's playing in a game where we've got a strong side out against a shite team basically. You could swap Danny Simpson with Taylor and I doubt you'd notice the difference.

I like how people on this forum are able to selectively turn off the ability to interpret hyperbole.

edit: not mmr75

Oh OK, I guess it was an extension of what I was saying then.  Well yeah in that case I agree.  As if we shouldn't be playing him today, there seems to be no game suitable for him.  Has a bad half against Blackburn and that's him dropped for the foreseeable.

Would rather forfeit our remaining games than not play him tbqh. 

just saying, in 27 minutes everyone's looked decent and contributed more than raylor...i simply can't see what he's doing that hba OR obertan for example couldn't do

He's playing in a game where we've got a strong side out against a shite team basically. You could swap Danny Simpson with Taylor and I doubt you'd notice the difference.

yeah i get that, but while i'd stop short of saying we're winning 2-0 with ten men it's not far off tbh...in fairness both simpson and raylor have been quiet, raylor slightly more so...everyone else on the pitch has been much more involved

Needs to play on the left, he hasn't got the mobility to keep cutting inside onto his left since he's bulked up a bit

Despite the inconsistency (which is the reason he's at us and not Man Utd) those two shots are the kind of thing that he will score most of the time and the piece of brilliance he is capable of

it's also worth noting he probably tries too hard because he knows how quick pardew is to drop him after poor showings so it's a sort of self fulfiling prophecy. i thought guthrie was far worse

it's also worth noting he probably tries too hard because he knows how quick pardew is to drop him after poor showings so it's a sort of self fulfiling prophecy. i thought guthrie was far worse

Both players screwed by Pardew.

Needs to play on the left, he hasn't got the mobility to keep cutting inside onto his left since he's bulked up a bit

He nearly scored twice by cutting inside onto his left though.

in an advanced area- i think when he picks it up deep he loses it more often

I'm a HBA fan, but today he was really frustrating. 2 close shots, but, hey, football is a collective sport, it's not 'I'm against the other 10 oposition players on my own'.

It was a f***king great chance to prove himself and to cement a place in the first team, yet he just wasted it.

Guest Roger Kint

Hit and miss but he did nearly score twice, which is more than anyone else on the pitch. He's clearly under pressure because he doesn't think Pardew has any faith in him.

From what i heard last night Pardew's issues with him have nothing to do with on the pitch in games.

Why was he so slow today? He's ran and accelerated at a decent pace in most of our other matches. Couldn't get away from anyone at all in that match. If that is what he's doing in training, then it makes perfect sense for him to be our last option off the bench.

You honestly think Ryan Taylor is a better option to start?

Hit and miss but he did nearly score twice, which is more than anyone else on the pitch. He's clearly under pressure because he doesn't think Pardew has any faith in him.

From what i heard last night Pardew's issues with him have nothing to do with on the pitch in games.

What did you hear last night exactly?