Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

D'oh!

This whole saga has brought out all sorts of emotions and feelings.  Anger, sadness, hapiness, embarassment and now boredom. 

It really is farcical and I just can't believe the words he chooses when talking to the media.  Quite why he has solely singled him out, whlst blowing smoke up the arses of some very s*** players I don't know.

It's not just this situation, I've read a lot of puzzling comments from him lately.  HOPING that Cabaye and Tiote will come good, not realising the reasons why they lost the midfield battle against Wolves, the Spurs pre match and post match comments, R.Taylor being a key player.

Just win 3-0 at the weekend Pards and all will be forgotten.  I am as fickle as they come  :lol:

I'm in two minds whether Ben Arfa should start against the mackems. By rights he should be there, but he really needed the Wolves game under his belt to get some momentum. Also if he starts and we get a bad result he'll probably cop the blame and we'll not see him for another month.

I'm in two minds whether Ben Arfa should start against the mackems. By rights he should be there, but he really needed the Wolves game under his belt to get some momentum. Also if he starts and we get a bad result he'll probably cop the blame and we'll not see him for another month.

This.  He 100% won't start though, will only see him come on if we're losing.

"Go and win us the game Hatem, there's a good lad."

He probably didn't single him out TBF, that is just one answer out of probably about 25 questions he was asked. The journo decides which ones to print, and HBA is news at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if HBA is annoyed at Pardew for criticizing him in public again and again. There's just no reason for Pardew to do it. Be a man and stand up for your players and maybe they'll play like they give a damn about you.

Guest neesy111

He probably didn't single him out TBF, that is just one answer out of probably about 25 questions he was asked. The journo decides which ones to print, and HBA is news at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if HBA is annoyed at Pardew for criticizing him in public again and again. There's just no reason for Pardew to do it. Be a man and stand up for your players and maybe they'll play like they give a damn about you.

This is really irking me about Pardew.

Different rules for different players.

Pardew's mentality these days of "playing it safe" has really clouded his judgement about Ben Arfa. It's probable that Hatem isn't seen as a "safe player" (as he carries too much of a "risk") and I think this is why he's not starting. Can somewhat understand it from Pardew's POV but it's absolute bullshit reasoning imo.

We need to push on and "go for it" so to speak and I reckon we can only do that with changes in the system/personnel. Playing Raylor at home/against weaker teams is a negative thing to do. I can understand the reasons for starting Raylor in certain games but against teams like Wolves, we really need someone like Ben Arfa who can create space for the others and ultimately give us that extra attacking spark.

Pardew's handling of this whole situation has been very poor. I was hoping to see some signs of change but it's not happening yet. Patience is a virtue I guess, there's 12 games left and I've said it before, there's still some time for the situation to change for better or for worse (of course, I hope that former happens).

He needs to keep trotting out excuses for leaving one of his best players on the bench, unfortunately some of the fans have bought into the propaganda.

Yep.  The amount of times people tell me about his workrate and tracking back.  I then reel off plenty of times in which he has put graft in, tracked runners, held the ball up, won it back etc.  Usually met with a shrug or silence.  Just repeating what Mong Ryder and AP say.

If anything I think he looks worse going the other way.  Clearly rusty, low on confidence and under a fuck load of pressure everytime he gets a game.  Knowing full well if he doesn't score or play brilliantly, he'll get dropped straight away.

Some of the crowd made me laugh Saturday as well "Just fucking cross it man" despite the fact we didn't have any players in the box at the time  :lol:

He needs to keep trotting out excuses for leaving one of his best players on the bench, unfortunately some of the fans have bought into the propaganda.

Yep.  The amount of times people tell me about his workrate and tracking back.  I then reel off plenty of times in which he has put graft in, tracked runners, held the ball up, won it back etc.  Usually met with a shrug or silence.  Just repeating what Mong Ryder and AP say.

If anything I think he looks worse going the other way.  Clearly rusty, low on confidence and under a f*** load of pressure everytime he gets a game.  Knowing full well if he doesn't score or play brilliantly, he'll get dropped straight away.

Some of the crowd made me laugh Saturday as well "Just f***ing cross it man" despite the fact we didn't have any players in the box at the time  :lol:

Aye, just cross it to Demba Ba, even though he's being mobbed and jumped on everytime the ball goes near him.

Stolen from a discussion about HBA on Toontastic -

"He has talent but he only expresses it sparingly," said Deschamps, who left Ben Arfa, one of the most talented French players, on the bench for most of the season.

http://football.uk.r...6/LDE6420UJ.php

Marseille President

"Clearly, he is not committed enough physically. He does not do enough for the team, does not sweat enough for the shirt. If that is what Didier [Deschamps - manager] thinks, I cannot contradict him.

"I regret this deeply because, as a player, he has what it takes to be a great.

http://soccernet.esp...=711820&cc=5739

Doesn't seem like it's just Pardew who was 'too scared to play him' or 'must have something against him', he isn't the first manager to have concerns about starting him.

Guest neesy111

Nobody who thinks either Ryan Taylor or Obertan are better options than Ben Arfa should be allowed anywhere near  a football ground.

100% correct.

"He has talent but he only expresses it sparingly," said Deschamps, who left Ben Arfa, one of the most talented French players, on the bench for most of the season.

Marseille President

"Clearly, he is not committed enough physically. He does not do enough for the team, does not sweat enough for the shirt. If that is what Didier [Deschamps - manager] thinks, I cannot contradict him.

Doesn't seem like it's just Pardew who was 'too scared to play him' or 'must have something against him', he isn't the first manager to have concerns about starting him.

Do you think that applies to him here?

He was younger.

Marseille President

We have seen that this is no longer an issue

Guest hatem garrincha

Marseille President

Ben Arfa (and Valbuena) began that season on the bench and Marseille was struggling.

Sarting from Feb 2010, he (and Valbuena) became a regular starter, OM played better and won the most part of the games until the title. Laurent Blanc rewarded Ben Arfa's good season and called him in the national team against Norway.

Marseille President

Again I refer you to the case of Laurent Robert critics v the honourable Sir Bobby Robson.

Marseille President

Well yeah, if there weren't previous concerns about him, he'd be a regular in the French national team and be playing for a club in the Champions League.

I think the biggest question mark about him is his reliability, both in terms of his use of the ball and his defensive work. We've seen that he's actually quite strong and does on occasion help the defence out well. It's hard to put your finger on it, but he doesn't seem committed to fitting into any kind of role within the team. Sometimes he does what he's supposed to do, and sometimes he doesn't.