Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Much better option than clueless Obertan, toothless Jonas and amateurish Simpson [who was given an advanced RWB or even RM role during the last 10 minutes or so].

When the camera showed that Strolla was going to be introduced at the expense of Best, I was going to cry...

Luckily, AP activated the only brain cell he has and the first substitution was Benny. He lost a ball or two, but was a class above 67% of the first teamers...

Did lose the ball in bad places, but nowhere near as often as when we lost ball to it being hoofed up. Best let himself down and HBA has to start instead if Pardew insists on that. (i'd play him wide and stick Vuckic in the no 10 slot)

Did very well when came on. But was completely wasted for the majority of his time on the pitch as we proceeded to hoof the ball to Shola or Ba, as Foster happily gobbled up everything.

Absolute disgrace of a performance (team wise).

Guest Roger Kint

It was a good runout for the lad. Kept possession well and we actually started looking like an attacking threat when he came on. Encouraging.

Apart from nearly costing us a goal by losing it cheaply on halfway.

Guest hatem garrincha

It was a good runout for the lad. Kept possession well and we actually started looking like an attacking threat when he came on. Encouraging.

The question is why he has to come so deep to touch the ball ?

coz the midfilder don't really create

the gameplay is really unidimensionnal in this team, why don't use a 4 3 3 or a 4 2 3 1?

with jonas and obertan in 4 4 2, it will be long ballz and many corners, but is that the best football this team can play?

Ah yeah, well he kept possession well most of the time though.

Ive backed Pardew over this for quite a while.

But it does just get a bit ridiculous even for me to have a player like Ben Arfa on the bench with the current form of Jonas & Obertan.

Theres no possible logic in it, you get him on the pitch regardless of whats involved.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Didn't help with us keeping Ba, Vuckic, Jonas and Shola standing around up top and no midfielders other than Tiote present.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

The question is why he has to come so deep to touch the ball ?

exactly

the space between lines is impressive

Looked lively tonight. Probably the first time i've thought he should really be in the side next game, based on a previous performance.

Man City? Man Utd?

Anyway, 2 assists in 3.5 games (320ish minutes).

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't help with us keeping Ba, Vuckic, Jonas and Shola standing around up top and no midfielders other than Tiote present.

So he tried a suicide ball rather than drop it off to his captain? How dare we commit men forward when losing at home too, scandalous attitude tbh.

Looked lively tonight. Probably the first time i've thought he should really be in the side next game, based on a previous performance.

Man City? Man Utd?

Anyway, 2 assists in 3.5 games (320ish minutes).

At the time, i was keen to see Best come straight back in the side, tbh.

He looked well up for it.  Pards was geeing him up as he waited to come on (good to see).  Lovely assist too.  Nice short corner routine leading to Tiote's chance.  Gave it away once - but we was (sic) chasing the game.  Did really well imo and warrants a start on Monday (a match which we look destined to lose)

I didn't think he played great even though I'm a massive fan. But he had the hunger and a spark which he'd been missing. He looked to go forward all the time instead of sideways and the only reason I think he made a couple of mistakes was because he has been under-played and he wanted to impress so much. Starter from now on for good, we need him