Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He needs more than a chance. He needs at least a five games run.

Totally agree, Pardew goes on about Obertan needing a run of games - well he's had 17 now this season. Problem is with these comments about the #10 position, Pardew has created this ridiculous situation where we can only really play Ben Arfa by changing our entire system. Which makes it unkindly.

It also comes down to the fact that Pardew seems to have been the one behind the signing of Obertan, while Ben Arfa isn't really his signing.

Could have sworn I'd heard Pardew deserved the credit for giving the HBA signing his go-ahead.

Lovely ball for Ba's second goal. Partly for the execution, but mainly for having the imagination to see the possibility.

Really? Looked like he misplaced it to me, and Ba only got to it because of his quick thinking and the WBA defender slipping.

Good performance from him though. Would like to see him start ahead of Best on Boxing Day.

Other way round for me, Ben Arfa saw the space, Ba reacted quickly enough to spot the same thing, WBA defenders did not.

Really? Looked like he misplaced it to me, and Ba only got to it because of his quick thinking and the WBA defender slipping.

Good performance from him though. Would like to see him start ahead of Best on Boxing Day.

From my seat it looked like Ben Arfa saw the pass and went for it.

How this guy is being neglected by Pardew is fuckin bonkers. Everytime he plays he shows that little something special that none of our other bog-standard attacking players show (except ba). SORT IT OUT PARDS YA FUCKHEAD

Ben Arfa is made for playing with Ba and Vuckic. Him and Vuckic would link up incredibly well, add in Cabaye and you've got three exceptional football brains and passers of the ball. Just sort yourself out Pardew and get him on

I think we can agree now that this "defend from the front" thing is not working and it is time to drop Best in favour of a hugely more talented player who will offer much more to the team than Best just chasing down defenders. Him and Ba have got some understanding going so I dont really think the fears of the not linking well will become a reality.

I think we can agree now that this "defend from the front" thing is not working and it is time to drop Best in favour of a hugely more talented player who will offer much more to the team than Best just chasing down defenders. Him and Ba have got some understanding going so I dont really think the fears of the not linking well will become a reality.

:thup:

Can't wait until he gets his first goal of the season, will be one hell of a cheer :)

We should do a sweepstake of who he'll get his first goal against :lol:

Like some have said, our second goal was great play in that Ben Arfa saw the pass was on and when it was put through Ba reacted quickly to it. It's things like that (and their link up play in the City game) which should indicate that Ba upfront on his own with Ben Arfa behind him in the number 10 can work. The understanding is definitely there, they just need a lot more playing time together to develop it further.

Do the club shop sell these Ben Arfa tinted glasses that everyone seems to be wearing? I need to get myself a pair because i'm seeing a lot of crap in his play that I would like blocked out.

Do the club shop sell these Ben Arfa tinted glasses that everyone seems to be wearing? I need to get myself a pair because i'm seeing a lot of crap in his play that I would like blocked out.

You don't need to go to the club shop, just go to Specsavers.

Get help.

It's almost if an assist and glorious set up for Tiote isn't enough in a 20 minute cameo. He lost the ball once, the positives from that performance far outweigh the negatives.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Eye: An ophthalmologist

for shit: a proctologist

LOL Didn't expect anything less of a reaction.

Ben Arfa has a lot of work and improvement to do to warrant the OMGZ AMAZINS WORLD BEATER lovin' he gets.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

LOL Didn't expect anything less of a reaction.

Ben Arfa has a lot of work and improvement to do to warrant the OMGZ AMAZINS WORLD BEATER lovin' he gets.

we are all aware of the need must improve his game

but we are also aware of what he can bring to the team

but it is not staying on the bench it's going to work out