Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Play him on the left and move Jonas to the right. We're simply not getting enough quality into the box.

Having a manager who claims that a player who has played as a left winger his entire career can't play there is an embarrassment. Give him a DVD of last year's game at Goodison ffs.

when did pardew claim that?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7195439/Pardew-urges-Ben-Arfa-patience

My view is that he can't play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle.

That was September.

This was a few weeks ago:

http://www.themag.co.uk/tyne-talk/alan-pardew-interview/

What do you see as Hatem Ben Arfa’s best position?

He’s a number ten, playing behind the centre forward. He is a very special player and that’s the only place I see him playing, he’s not a wide player and the only time I would choose to put him out there is maybe if during a game I needed him to do a job and see the game out.

That was September.

He’s a number ten, playing behind the centre forward. He is a very special player and that’s the only place I see him playing, he’s not a wide player and the only time I would choose to put him out there is maybe if during a game I needed him to do a job and see the game out.

Dunno how I missed these fucking comments. Very disheartening.

It's just such a nonsense. Not expecting him to play a wide player and hoof lots of crosses in, would expect him to collect ball on right and beat their left back cutting into the box.

Saw that ball properly on MOTD, he does those lovely little assists. Needs to start.

Saw the first real example of him dashing directly towards goal Everton style when he came on today, shame his shot was blocked.

Signs that hes closer to his best though. Deserves a start now.

I would have literally jizzed my pants if that went in, just like the Everton goal but with that crazy run up as well.

But its a classic example of why he'd be better off on the wing, its great to have a player who could do it even through the middle but there's a reason it doesn't normally work out.

Wish Pardew would pull his head out of his arse and give him a run of games on the left wing. It's almost as if he signed him to win favour with the fans and due to being conservative/traditional hasn't got a fucking clue what to do with him.

Bobby would have built his team around this lad.

That was September.

Yeah, so 'special' that you'll play Leon Best ahead of him. And Shola f***ing Ameobi. f***ing facepalm-tastic.

And on the wing, we get the likes of Obertan and even Sammy Ameobi ahead of Ben Arfa. Now if Ben Arfa isn't a winger, what the f*** posesses Pardew to think that Sammy Ameobi is? You can't give me this "He's not a winger" s**** then play Sammy Ameobi there, a bloke who may well go on to become a good player for us but who is about as similar to a winger as he is to being an elderly fat white female midget.

I'm getting exasperated, I am.

I don't agree that Pardew has to reassess his view that HBA is a Number 10, he just has to play him instead of Leon Best for 5 or 6 games and see how he does.

It's more about keeping all the available options open really. I'm sure Ben Arfa will thrive in the number 10 role but it's still restricting to say that the lad is only that especially when he has played and thrived on the wing in the past.

Our wingers are misfiring atm so we should adding Ben Arfa into the mix gives us another option.

I don't agree that Pardew has to reassess his view that HBA is a Number 10, he just has to play him instead of Leon Best for 5 or 6 games and see how he does.

It's about the team though, i'm not a great admirer of Best but I've seen him look threatening and function as part of a team,as with Jonas to a greater extent although he's been poor recently. Obertan is a fucking disgrace and it's beyond obvious he's the weak link.

Our current wingers are completely knackered and one of them is of disputable quality. There's a big gaping hole in that area of the squad that's absolutely screaming out to be filled.

This is the kind of situation where you consider re-purposing players even if they're not comfortable on the wing. Given that Ben Arfa has played in that position for most of his life, Pardew's pig-headedness is now bordering on insane.

Our current wingers are completely knackered and one of them is of disputable quality. There's a big gaping hole in that area of the squad that's absolutely screaming out to be filled.

This is the kind of situation where you consider re-purposing players even if they're not comfortable on the wing. Given that Ben Arfa has played in that position for most of his life, Pardew's pig-headedness is now bordering on insane.

The question has to be asked, why did he buy him if he's not suited to playing in the position he's played for most of his career?

It just doesn't add up.

Pards had those sad eyes today in the post match. It means things he thinks in his head don't really happen in the real world. :lol: