Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

To think it's only about 8-9 months ago people were whinging saying Pardew doesn't know how to manage flair players. :lol:

He's got the best out of him without a doubt.

Stop it man. Oh god.

What have I said that's wrong? He's managed him perfectly.

Fact that you are basically giving Pardew all the credit for Ben Arfa playing well.  If anything this proves Pardew shouldve started Ben Arfa earlier rather then wait so long before starting to play him last season ;)

To think it's only about 8-9 months ago people were whinging saying Pardew doesn't know how to manage flair players. :lol:

Stop it man. Oh god.

Could just as easily say we'd have qualified for the Champions League last season if he'd played regularly before February.

Stop it man. Oh god.

Fact that you are basically giving Pardew all the credit for Ben Arfa playing well.  If anything this proves Pardew shouldve started Ben Arfa earlier rather then wait so long before starting to play him last season ;)

HBA wasn't playing like this before February though mainly due to match fitness and possibly even a confidence thing after the injury given he'd been out 12 months. The 20 minutes here and there, odd starts and even bringing him off early helped him come along imo. Obviously HBA's form is down to himself but it was crazy the stick Pardew got for that.

Even today which clearly wasn't his best game, there was still moments of pure magic. Wonderful footballer.

On the touchline when he kind of slipped and somehow managed to retain possession and surge up the line. Wonder playuer

Another one in the middle when 2-3 players take the ball off him but somehow he still keeps it and takes it forward.

Is he any better now than he's been in the past?

Wish he had finished that chance at 1-1. Did everything right up until the finish. Decent save mind.

Didn't do much wrong, could have chipped it more (like cisse against swansea) but otherwise good save, and he nearly got rebound ridiculously

Is he any better now than he's been in the past?

His goal return for a start is much better. 17 goals in 131 games pre injury, 7 in 30 since.

His goal return for a start is much better. 17 goals in 131 games pre injury, 7 in 30 since.

He's definitely matured but I think that's got as much to do with his age and also his leg break focusing him on his football.  Other than that I see a player who has the same game as before with a better head on him.

His one two between both feet to get out of a tight situation with a few of their players n then acceleration away was fantastic, as was the way he put hibbert on his arse, ridiculous ability just needs rest of team to step the fuck up