Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

There's no argument that we can play more attractive football with the players we have at our disposal btw, or that Laudrop would work wonders with us, I just doubt he would do so by playing Tiote in advance of Cabaye and with Ben Arfa up top supported by Gouffran and Marveaux. I actually don't think our team or formation would look that different to what it does now (Providing Ben Arfa replaces Jonas and Tiote replaces Perch).

Guest VanBarduck

I'm just amazed to see what swansea can achieve with the players they have...Obviously their style was a bit boring and harmless last year , but Laudrup implemented some changes and they seem clinical at times , that's the difference between last year game against us (we didn't get the ball that much, but we controlled it well and beat them) this year they showed composure and overwhelmed us on counter attack..

there is similar player in our squad , when I watch hernandez and marveaux , and dyer/gouffran , I also love the way britton is playing , dictating the game.

The players that have named are not "stars" the never will , but they cause probleme to any team..

Where did that post come from? Who is that directed towards? Hard to find any relevance to the discussion from that post.

page 559 . I probably should stop posting for a while , it seems that we're in the reign of Gestapo now.

Sorry about that, thought it was in response to my post first. And in any case I don't agree with your non-sense. Comparing HBA to Michu and at the same time saying you don't need a tall strong player upfront which is exactly what Michu is. Also Michu has always played centrally and scored loads of goals, something Ben Arfa hasn't.

I'd be more than happy to try it if Cisse got injured, but that's more down to the fact that even a peanut is better than Shola upfront, and I mean literally a PEANUT.

No problem , there is different type of false 9 , michu , fabregas , suarez , messi , different strenght , different qualities , but what's make them similar , is the abiltity to play between intervals , to do lay-offs , to link up with teams , to create something in the most dangerous positions , most of all the ability to drawn central defenders towards him so there is free space for the wing mens of foward..

Guest VanBarduck

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/anguish.gif

Kind of despotic . Not suprising coming from you..

I'm just amazed to see what swansea can achieve with the players they have...Obviously their style was a bit boring and harmless last year , but Laudrup implemented some changes and they seem clinical at times , that's the difference between last year game against us (we didn't get the ball that much, but we controlled it well and beat them) this year they showed composure and overwhelmed us on counter attack..

there is similar player in our squad , when I watch hernandez and marveaux , and dyer/gouffran , I also love the way britton is playing , dictating the game.

The players that have named are not "stars" the never will , but they cause probleme to any team..

Where did that post come from? Who is that directed towards? Hard to find any relevance to the discussion from that post.

page 559 . I probably should stop posting for a while , it seems that we're in the reign of Gestapo now.

Sorry about that, thought it was in response to my post first. And in any case I don't agree with your non-sense. Comparing HBA to Michu and at the same time saying you don't need a tall strong player upfront which is exactly what Michu is. Also Michu has always played centrally and scored loads of goals, something Ben Arfa hasn't.

I'd be more than happy to try it if Cisse got injured, but that's more down to the fact that even a peanut is better than Shola upfront, and I mean literally a PEANUT.

No problem , there is different type of false 9 , michu , fabregas , suarez , messi , different strenght , different qualities , but what's make them similar , is the abiltity to play between intervals , to do lay-offs , to link up with teams , to create something in the most dangerous positions , most of all the ability to drawn central defenders towards him so there is free space for the wing mens of foward..

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/397/625/be7.jpg

A front 3 of Marveaux, Hatem and Gouffran? With Hatem in the middle?

Yes , I know it seems crazy , but think about it , you don't imperatively need to be tall, strong , in the final third of the pitch , movement , precise passing and skills is the key in modern football , those 3 players can offer that , god we use to play Ba-Cissé-Shola sometimes... :weep:

I don't think HBA is strong enough for that role, which also demands a lot of footballing intelligence. Hatem tends to think for himself that bit too much.

I also think that in order to play like Barca, you need to have players like Barca. Everyone else has to make sure they've got a good defence.

really looking forward to seeing him in a team with gouffran, sissoko and cisse like

ever since he came here he's been more or less the only creative player on the pitch for us, he was largely easy to crowd out 'cause the opposition knew they didn't really have to worry about jonas or whoever huffing and puffing his way to a goal if they let him go

put 2 men on HBA and you've now still got three other fuckers who can damage you and cabaye pulling the strings

:sweetjesus:

Guest tollemache

Not having Barca's defence and midfield doesn't change the fact that that pattern of movement ('striker' fucks off all over the place, three midfielders rush in to fill the gaps he creates) is a massive pain in the arse and quite effective. Roma did it with an ok team and Totti to great effect, among other sides.

Biggest problem with us playing that way would be the fact it'd be a bit of a waste of Cisse

neither of the two above.

Why not start him against Southampton if fit? He came back against Spurs at home after missing most of preseason and still looked like our fittest player on the pitch.

just the standard thing of not starting players who've been out for months.