Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Fucking joke that he is saying he's disappointed with his fitness. Was saying just the other week he returned from France in terrific condition and even thanked them for the work they've done. Saying he was just lacking sharpness and match fitness.

Now, he's saying he's not fit and making it sound like he's 2 weeks away. Why is there a setback every week with Hatem? I swear there is more than meets the eye with this.

Stop getting our hopes up Pardew :(

Amazes me that Pardew is disappointed with Hatem's conditioning. The club have no one else to blame but themselves got letting him piss off to France and conduct his own rehab/recovery.

HBA is a Ferrari. You don't take it to the local Vauxhall garage to get fixed. If he's happy sorting himself out in France, then let him go. If that means he takes one or two games to get back into peak condition then I think we can afford him that. Especially with the Jan investments.

Surely when he's been in full training with the squad for the past week he should be fit enough for a cameo which is what most were expecting, especially after he came back 'in great shape' according to Pardew.

Balls.

Amazes me that Pardew is disappointed with Hatem's conditioning. The club have no one else to blame but themselves got letting him piss off to France and conduct his own rehab/recovery.

HBA is a Ferrari. You don't take it to the local Vauxhall garage to get fixed. If he's happy sorting himself out in France, then let him go. If that means he takes one or two games to get back into peak condition then I think we can afford him that. Especially with the Jan investments.

I don't know where to begin with that.

He's on the edge of being "injury prone" it seems. From what I understand (little admittedly), the more you aggravate an injury the more likely it'll happen again. If we have to wait longer to get his hamstring fully sorted, minimizing the risk of it ever reoccurring, then that's fine by me.

Ben Arfa's technical ability was long admired by Ferguson, Wenger et al. The major red-flag was that he was a wild-child - too weak a description, uncontrollable is a better fit (going by some of his shenanigans at Lyon).

The one-year injury enforced lay-off was a blessing of sorts. It provided ample time to evaluate his career, and DeJong's challenge had the potential to be a career ender. Maturity-wise i think he's a late bloomer, through forced circumstances beyond his control.

Added maturity, on his part, has most likely lowered the 'warning' disclaimer that once overshadowed his mercurial talent. That's why i'm expecting moves for him, by managers who had placed in the too-hard basket previously.

Signing him to pre-contract agreement (to a free), or at a knock-down price with six months left on his deal. It's a palatable scenario for the big clubs, that have now jumped into the camp of the converted ie. those who have waited for him to sort out his head.  Contract talks will be interesting.

Guest icemanblue

Oh, that's weird.

He's said his upper body strength is fantastic, but his conditioning isn't up to scratch. There's no immediate rush to have him back, so let's just play it cool, like Timmy Krul.

Oh, that's weird.

He's said his upper body strength is fantastic, but his conditioning isn't up to scratch. There's no immediate rush to have him back, so let's just play it cool, like Timmy Krul.

Ah ha. Well we'll see. Nice to have him back ASAP but he hasn'y played for a while so it's not that surprising his overall conditioning has suffered a bit.