Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Sorry for yelling, but Loki, you're the only person in the world who's drunk from Pardew's cup of koolaid. Baines is not Messi. I for one would have loved to see Ben Arfa put up against Baines and for once have THEM worry about OUR number one threat, instead of finding players all over the f***ing park from the opposition team we have to find ways to nullify. I for one want Pardew to show confidence in his own players. If it hadn't worked at half time, THEN he'd have been justified to either change HBA's position (to the left!) or taken him off, at least people would've given him credit for trying to at least unsettle their supposed best player by pitting ours directly against him. Professionals actually step their game up when pitted against the best, HBA would've been no different.

No, instead, let's put it in HBA's head that Baines will eat him up, so go run at Coleman, lad.

This is cowardice. Please don't buy into this s***.

agree with that. I don't mind ben arfa on the left but in that game he had to prioritise the right to give bainesw a reason to think about not pushing up and if he did then exploit the gap he leaves.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Sorry for yelling, but Loki, you're the only person in the world who's drunk from Pardew's cup of koolaid.

:lol: Love it when people miss a joke and come in with a massively OTT reaction.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Sorry for yelling, but Loki, you're the only person in the world who's drunk from Pardew's cup of koolaid.

:lol: Love it when people miss a joke and come in with a massively OTT reaction.

:lol:  Glad someone got the message at least.

This is the problem with Ben Arfa. If he was consistent enough he would be at Real Madrid or Barcelona not Newcastle. He can have a blinders like the game against Aston Vila and Fulham but he can also have shit games like the hull and Everton ones.

My problem with him is when it isn't his day then can rally be a liability. He can't get away with crap like that against Everton and hull and still be a starter.

This is the problem with Ben Arfa. If he was consistent enough he would be at Real Madrid or Barcelona not Newcastle. He can have a blinders like the game against Aston Vila and Fulham but he can also have s*** games like the hull and Everton ones.

My problem with him is when it isn't his day then can rally be a liability. He can't get away with crap like that against Everton and hull and still be a starter.

So you think a Di Maria/Sanchez wouldn't have those sort of games regularly too if they played in our side? I can't help but think we do hold Ben Arfa back, in a better side he would get far more space to exploit than he does with us, everything is compact and has 2/3 men around him, he would rarely have this sort of problem in a better side where teams would have more than just him to think about.

Guest firetotheworks

Definitely. This whole idea that he doesn't track back or whatever is absolute nonsense. It's only there because he fits the profile, but it's bollocks.

Guest hatem garrincha

Out of curiosity, who thinks HBA is a team player?

Not me  :lol:

And it's a shame really because he COULD be a team player, and has shown during his career in France and in the PL...in a few occasions... that he could.

His only weakness imo.

Out of curiosity, who thinks HBA is a team player?

I do but i think he knows the team rely heavily on him creating stuff and producing a magic moment, but i think he copes with the pressure fairly well. He wants the team to win and he'll do everything he can to achieve that regardless if that means it's him scoring the goals or someone else.

Guest hatem garrincha

He can and should do better in the team play.

He has all the attributes for that.

Not in a defensive way, I'm mainly speaking going forward.

He is/can be more effective (and the team with him) seeking for partners supports (relays) when running at players (Ex : WBA away for his goal or his first assist)

Coleman gobbled him up too.

He plays best on the right or in the centre running at people, for me.

Pointless playing him anywhere else and Pardew should know that really.... seems he doesn't however.

I disagree, Ben Arfa is very capable of playing on the left, he did for Hughton when he first arrived and did it very well. The issue is with his failure to track back, and that's going to be an issue whichever flank you start him on.

He can and should do better in the team play.

He has all the attributes for that.

Not in a defensive way, I'm mainly speaking going forward.

He is/can be more effective (and the team with him) seeking for partners supports (relays) when running at players (Ex : WBA away for his goal or his first assist)

This is what i agree with.

He could do better bringing other players into the game when we're going forward.

Would make him closer to a complete attacking player if he brought this into his game more.

Guest hatem garrincha

Even if he's having a stinker, Ben Arfa should never ever be subbed off unless he has an injury or runs the risk of a red card. Even when he's not playing well he is still a goal threat and someone the opposition will always be s*** scared of.

Fulham for example this season. Poor first half and very good second half + winner.

You never know when he wakes up  :lol:

Even if he's having a stinker, Ben Arfa should never ever be subbed off unless he has an injury or runs the risk of a red card. Even when he's not playing well he is still a goal threat and someone the opposition will always be s*** scared of.

Fulham for example this season. Poor first half and very good second half + winner.

He got a 'telling off' as you will at half time from Pardew and benefited from it. That was actually good management tbf to him.

He got a 'telling off' as you will at half time from Pardew and benefited from it. That was actually good management tbf to him.

I'll give credit where it's due but HBA did nothing different 2nd half tbf. Was well mentioned on here at the time.

Personally think the same criticism was justified at Everton myself. Just wouldn't have taken him off for it.

Guest reefatoon

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/coeurracorni/Gifs/bth_15c0e8jpg.gif

I'll give credit where it's due but HBA did nothing different 2nd half tbf. Was well mentioned on here at the time.

Personally think the same criticism was justified at Everton myself. Just wouldn't have taken him off for it.

Surprised by that, thought HBA was far better in the second half, whereas first half he was a bit of one man on a mission and never really looked up, second half he was a lot livelier and got more players involved in the game and our team benefited from this.

Guest hatem garrincha

I'll give credit where it's due but HBA did nothing different 2nd half tbf.

Against Fulham ?

Disagree.