Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest bimpy474

Hatem's issues have absolutely nothing to do with Pardew refusing to play him. He's too attack minded, Pardew has said it himself multiple times.

Aye but that doesn't matter when someone is trying to defend the arsehole.

Ben Arfa was our best player at the start of the season, the team, yes team, had a couple of bad games and Ben Arfa was dropped and played out of position before being dropped again. No other player in our squad has to regularly reach the heights Ben Arfa must reach or get dropped. Pardew is a shit manager and he has and is badly managing Ben Arfa because he doesn't know how to manage him. With Pardew it's all about players adapting to him because he's too inflexible to adapt his approach and requirement to defend at all costs. Cronky still can't see that our fraud is shit at his job so the player must be at fault, it couldn't be any other way.

I personally love that Hatem quote btw. Very self aware, just obviously needs someone to believe in him, rather than castigate him like dick head pardew has

Or like his father did?

Who incidentally was an ex-professional footballer who pushed him very hard to succeed.

Did you read the quote? You posted it so I assume so.

Yeah. What's your point?

What's yours? I said he shouldn't be castigated by pardew as obviously it negatively affected him the way his father treated him. What are you suggesting he should?

Ben Arfa is actually saying that his negative relationship with his father has led to him having difficulties with authority. He himself is not blaming others for the problems in his career. He is at least trying to take some responsibility for changing the pattern himself.

Now we don't know precisely what has gone on behind the scenes, and you can put Ben Arfa in the victim role if you want. But the weight of evidence from Ben Arfa's past suggests that it's more than likely that he's bringing something to the table himself. And it affects his relationships with team-mates, not just his managers.

With the atmosphere on here, everything seems to get twisted into a pro-Pardew or anti-Pardew stance. Call this a futile attempt to steer the discussion away from those tramlines.

Nobody has ever disputed Ben Arfa has a history of problems. The facts are he's not shown them here. Cabaye refused to play? Had Ben Arfa? No. And he's been treated abhorrently

Fuck you Santoon, Pards has managed the little wretch perfectly.  At his previous clubs he once killed a dog and sent the severed head to his managers daughter because he made him the piggy in piggy in the middle.  Has this happened with wor Al?  NO!  By not playing him and blaming him for eveything and making sure he's ostracised by the shit senior pros he's brought out the best in him.  When was the last time you saw a bench sat on with such commitment and elegance?

Guest firetotheworks

Ben Arfa was our best player at the start of the season, the team, yes team, had a couple of bad games and Ben Arfa was dropped and played out of position before being dropped again. No other player in our squad has to regularly reach the heights Ben Arfa must reach or get dropped. Pardew is a s*** manager and he has and is badly managing Ben Arfa because he doesn't know how to manage him. With Pardew it's all about players adapting to him because he's too inflexible to adapt his approach and requirement to defend at all costs. Cronky still can't see that our fraud is s*** at his job so the player must be at fault, it couldn't be any other way.

:thup:

Asked whether Pardew loves him, the winger said: "No. But I respect him for that choice. I ramp up my training, I try to be a good team-mate. I know what I'm doing right now will make me play well. I'm working harder than ever. I'm always frustrated when I'm not playing but, instead of clashing with the coach like before, I let it go because I know I'll lose. I'm going to submit to his [Pardew's] authority. … I'm not going to go looking for a fight. My time will come. I have to be patient."

From that same article, but not posted for some reason...

I don't doubt that he's tried a different approach. Same as Joey Barton. But these things can run deep and it's not easy.

FWIW I think there's more involved here than whether or not he's having rows with his manager or his team-mates. His focus and concentration on the pitch is very off and on.

Asked whether Pardew loves him, the winger said: "No. But I respect him for that choice. I ramp up my training, I try to be a good team-mate. I know what I'm doing right now will make me play well. I'm working harder than ever. I'm always frustrated when I'm not playing but, instead of clashing with the coach like before, I let it go because I know I'll lose. I'm going to submit to his [Pardew's] authority. … I'm not going to go looking for a fight. My time will come. I have to be patient."

FWIW I think there's more involved here than whether or not he's having rows with his manager or his team-mates

There is, his manager is absolutely terrible.

Guest neesy111

Does anyone reckon we'll be able to attract a talent like Ben Arfa again under this regime?  I highly doubt it.

I don't doubt that he's tried a different approach. Same as Joey Barton. But these things can run deep and it's not easy.

FWIW I think there's more involved here than whether or not he's having rows with his manager or his team-mates. His focus and concentration on the pitch is very off and on.

Nah, theres a complete lack of balance in regards to how Pardew has treated Ben Arfa. We went on a solid run without Ben Arfa, Gouffran & Sissoko were involved in goals & we won some good games. Creates a sense of competition, fair play.

His first start after that was against Stoke in a 5-1 win where he got an assist & played well. Since then he has played more than 45 minutes 4 times in 14 games man.  After stoke hes dropped for 2 games, hits the woodwork twice in a start against Cardiff & is then........dropped for 2 more games? Come on.

Whatever you make of Ben Arfas mentality, which may not be perfect. Pardew hasnt treated him well. Our most naturally talented player & he cant get a look in while we get thrashed each week & Dan Gosling gets starts. Its absolutely ludicrous :lol: thats how bizarre it is.

Guest bimpy474

The ridiculousness of this, when Hatem has played well, and created the chances the fat knacker reserve GK reckoned he wasn't doing in games, he's been dropped the next match.

Absolutely treated like shit, fuck Pardew for not knowing what a player the lad is.

Dont think so, post & bar against Cardiff in the cup. In his next start against Norwich he nearly got a pen & got us a freekick we hit the bar with.

The only other two games hes played more than 45 mins since Stoke are Chelsea & Sunderland.

Then you take into account his assist for Cisse's match winner, to get dropped against Everton (Where he again set up a sitter for Anita)

People moan about him losing the ball and that's why he's dropped and yet Tiote has lost it many more times in much more dangerous positions and he is never dropped. I'm not saying Tiote should be dropped btw but there is definitely some double-standard bullshit going on here.