Bolton 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 26/12/11 - post-match reaction from page 33

Dave

Tim Krul ... 8/10 .. Faultless apart from some dodgy distribution

Danny Simpson ... 7/10 .. Coped well enough with Petrov and got forward

Frabicio Coloccini.. 8/10 .. Had N'gog in his pocket all game

Mike Williamson .. 7/10 .. Looked fantastic on his return

Ryan Taylor ... 7/10 ... Had a good game, fantastic assist

Gabriel Obertan ... 6.5/10 .. Very poor in the first half, came into the game more when HBA was introduced

Yohan Cabaye .. 6/10 .. Passing was rather poor, ran his arse off though

Cheik Tiote ... 5/10 .. Poor tackling, Poor passing, still lacking sharpness

Jonas Gutierrez ... 6/10 .. Not offering much going forward and some poor tackles

Demba Ba .. 7/10 .. Good Goal and a good presence, same as always

Leon Best ... 4/10 .. Nothing went for him today, always offside or tripping over.

HBA .. 8/10 .. Fantastic goal + transformed the game

Tiote fouled a lot but his passing wasn't poor at all he completed more than 15 passes!

He was choosing the wrong options with his passes. Liverpool is the perfect game for him to recapture his form.

We were terrible for 60 minutes and looked lost.  Well done to the away fans for singing "Hatem Ben Arfa" as he changed the game when he came on.  Maybe we should sing his name a couple of hours before kick off and he might get a start.

Wasn't the best game, but the victory is all that matters. Back four and Krul were really tested and all did well when they were. Tiote was much improved with Cabaye next to him and Jonas looked better than he has done in recent games. Obertan was poor in the first, but great play by him for the 2nd goal. Delighted for Hatem, loved how he ran straight to the fans after he scored :) Can't say much more about Ba, clinical finisher.

Great write up on the BBC site -

"The game turned on its headmidway through the second period when an unmarked Ben Arfa ghosted into the box and beat Krul with a low first-time effort from Taylor's left-wing centre."

:rant:

To be fair, Krul made no attempt to save it, he just stood around watching.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Gabriel Obertan ... 6.5/10 .. Very poor in the first half, came into the game more when HBA was introduced

Jonas Gutierrez ... 6/10 .. Not offering much going forward and some poor tackles

Leon Best ... 4/10 .. Nothing went for him today, always offside or tripping over.

Tiote fouled a lot but his passing wasn't poor at all he completed more than 15 passes!

He was choosing the wrong options with his passes. Liverpool is the perfect game for him to recapture his form.

He did play a part in the second goal he was the one who passed neatly to obertan who ran though and well you know the rest.

Great atmosphere, two good goals, class from HBA, clean sheet, three points, bring on Liverpool.

I still haven't caught my breath back from legging it down to the stairs to celebrate Ba's goal - unfit as fuck :lol:

Krul - 5. Good save from the free-kick, but a couple of feeble punches and more woeful distribution. We lose possession almost every time he has the ball.

Simpson - 6. Defended okay.

Williamson - 7. Good game. Chuffed he came through ninety minutes.

Coloccini - 7. Rarely troubled.

Raylor - 6. Thought he was alright. Sloppy in places. Nice assist.

Obertan - 6. Nice assist and troubled Robinson in the last twenty minutes. Gash before that mind.

Cabaye - 6. Fairly anonymous throughout.

Tiote - 7. Key player for us today. Won possession on numerous occasions; passing still seems a little off.

Jonas - 5. Average-to-poor again.

Best - 4. Worst player for us today. Offered nothing and was wasteful.

Ba - 7. Clinical and classy.

Great write up on the BBC site -

"The game turned on its headmidway through the second period when an unmarked Ben Arfa ghosted into the box and beat Krul with a low first-time effort from Taylor's left-wing centre."

:rant:

To be fair, Krul made no attempt to save it, he just stood around watching.

He was fucking miles out of position.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I loved the way the Toon fans, started singing you're going to be sacked in the morning to Owen Coyle.  :D

Think that chants a bit crap to be honest.  :lol:

NOW will the two-up-top folk change their tune? They know who they are and unfortunately they are the two least likely to admit it.

My mate kept me updated, sounded like a decent performance! He said the sub changed the game?

We were clinical and efficient in the last half an hour; no more no less. Was probably the worst i'd seen us play all season, before the subsitution.

NOW will the two-up-top folk change their tune? They know who they are and unfortunately they are the two least likely to admit it.

My mate kept me updated, sounded like a decent performance! He said the sub changed the game?

Sorry mate but this post is made of cringe.

Agree with that.

When we play the ball on the deck, we look a far better team. Surely Pardew must see that. It's okay to mix it up a little and put in the occasional long ball just to keep the opposition guessing. When we do string the one touch passing we look really good.

Sorry mate but this post is made of cringe.

Cheers Sewelly, ever helpful.

Bolton are the worst team in the league this season. i know they beat blackburn but they looked the less talented of the two sides in that game, and rovers have individual talents like samba, hoilett, yakubu, rocinha, formica who can do something spectacular, they're problems are more about shit management, no leadership or game plan. Bolton on the other hand...have very, very little going for them.

i'm still a little pissed off, then, with how we completely played into their hands for an hour of that game. we could've easily drawn that had we not made the change needed. even after HBA came on for the first 5 minutes we looked lost - we no longer had Best as an out ball and we conceded a lot of territory with no-one to launch it to. after the players adjusted we looked much better.