Bolton 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 26/12/11 - post-match reaction from page 33

Dave

Guest tunisia

Hello

I already wish you a Merry Christmas:)

you have had a gift with a victory yesterday.

this victory is a good thing I regret is just before the games you lost stupidly and might have already put you in the top five.

oh well, now we must look ahead and not to make the same mistakes. the next match against Liverpool is one that will give you the path for Europe.

I'm happy for Ben Arfa and Ba; Pardew made ​​his choice, as he is coach players must obey orders. However, Pardew has sought to justify their defeats by the lack of players. as Ben Arfa;

Pardew, Ben Arfa has against the three best teams and newcastle did not win, but Ben Arfa was he at fault? against city was one of the best against United and he took the penalty against chelsea has not been terrible. so why blame Ben Arfa? because it is too personal? Pardew is his game and knew it. If Pardew preferred to reject his mistakes on players will lose their trust.

I can understand that players do not like Ben Arfa, as it happens is that it is the darling of fans when he has not yet played. but some players do not have the level for big games. we must not forget that even if Newcastle won, some were game won with luck.

So far, the best play, whether it's Ben Arfa or another, and that Pardew is not seeking an excuse unnecessary. a good coach should not attack a player in public and especially when this one does not.

The most important thing is to return to the top 5 and with the absence of ba Tiote and it will not be simple. a good team should keep a good atmosphere.

good luck

Our main strength over the past few weeks has been Demba Ba. It looked like we were desperate to get the ball to him as quickly as possible for much of the game yesterday, with numerous attempts to replicate the first goal he scored against Norwich. Not pretty stuff when it's not working.

However we were still the better side in the first half and looked more like scoring than Bolton. When this was being reversed in the second half Pards made the correct change and it won us the game as the new style proved too much for Bolton. Worth pointing out that this doesn't necessarily mean using this style would have worked comfortably if we'd used it from the start - the withdrawal of Muamba massively helped it to prosper by creating far more space for Hatem to operate in.

Good result. S Club Pardy.

Guest hatem garrincha

I can understand that players do not like Ben Arfa,

I don't think his team mates don't like him. That's not what emerged during his goal celebration.

The last 30 minutes were watchable

The last half hour when we had Ben Arfa on the pitch was much better.  As soon as he came on we seemed to be much more mobile and dynamic, moving and creating space.  The ball was being played at pace on the floor as opposed to the first hour where there was very little movement and our midfield was being bypassed in favour of hoofing long balls up to Best and hoping he can make it stick.

Guest bengenufc

Not that I have the balls to tell him to his face but what the hell is going on with Tiote's hair is he going for the full on mo hawk?

Very much enjoyed yesterday's trip, great result given the performances leading up to it so that NUFC didn't completely ruin Christmas.

Performance wise, it was very poor until the goal really, Best and Obertan were absolutely atrocious, particularly the former who could barely control the ball most of the time. Great to have Williamson back though, he made a massive difference.

Bolton I fear for, they are the worst team in the division imo. Obviously Holden and Lee being out for so long has really hurt them but they've also got absolutely jack shit up front and a terrible defence. Doesn't look good.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

To go from Sturridge and Elmander to Ngog is criminal really.

I remember when we all thought we were getting Elmander.