Bolton 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 26/12/11 - post-match reaction from page 33

Dave

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Amazing to win on Boxing Day, even though this was the first match this season I've not been able to watch. Dunno what tactical revolution happened but logically, Ben Arfa has now done enough to impress Pardew....right?

A lot of fans will be pissed off if best still gets the nod now. Pardew isn't stupid though so my money is on the Arfa to start against Liverfools.

NOW will the two-up-top folk change their tune? They know who they are and unfortunately they are the two least likely to admit it.

My mate kept me updated, sounded like a decent performance! He said the sub changed the game?

Sorry mate but this post is made of cringe.

Cheers Sewelly, ever helpful.

You're having a go at people for supporting two up top but then go on to say you didn't even watch the game and asking if the sub changed the game? Come on man.

NOW will the two-up-top folk change their tune? They know who they are and unfortunately they are the two least likely to admit it.

My mate kept me updated, sounded like a decent performance! He said the sub changed the game?

You're having a go at people for supporting two up top but then go on to say you didn't even watch the game and asking if the sub changed the game? Come on man.

i don't dislike 2 upfront per se, it's that i don't think we have the players to do it.

i don't dislike 2 upfront per se, it's that i don't think we have the players to do it.

Agree. I want us to change things round upfront too, but Taylor's post was still cringeworthy.

Agree. I want us to change things round upfront too, but Taylor's post was still cringeworthy.

i can understand his point though, many on here and people i know are suck on 4-4-2, wingers getting crosses in for a big man centre forward and small nippy partner to feed off.

What's more cringeworthy is the sheer predictability of it all. In that respect, his post is just about right..

I wasn't just basing it on today, it's not been working for ages and it didn't take long to read all the reports saying how useless Best was again. I'm not remotely surprised we scored two when Ben Arfa came on. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong once I've seen extended highlights but I can't see it happening.

Super win, many positives

-Hatem's first goal this season and he played class

-Williamson played well

- Cabaye was class as usual

- Good defence even if bolton are terrible

- Obertan played great in that 2nd half and got rich applause when he came off

- Bring on Liverpool who drew with the worst team in the league

Cabaye wasn't class but Williamson impressed.

he was man not only did he run the most(7,916) but he made some good passes(again) he put ba through on goal with a great through ball but the keeper was too quick to come out and stop it.

It was Raylor too.

Very important win and I think we all realise that.

Ironically we probably played worse than in any of the recent games but did keep it tight in midfield.

Williamson, surprisingly, covered second most distance in the game which is encouraging and also showed what a decent no frills defender he is.

just got in from the pub.  The result is fucking waxxa.

First half was just thumping long balls and sloppy play in the middle, Obershit was shit too.  Best is Filipo Inzaghi minus the goals.  In other words, just the offside bit.

Second half Obershit seemed to up his game a bit, we were more direct and keeping it on the deck more.  HBA took his goal exceptionally well.  Chuffed to see Demba score anarl.

Bolton are utter wank like.  Sorry jukeboxromeo but based on that, you're going down.

anyway, time for more ale.

Guest bimpy474

Williamson was very very good today, possibly our best player, nothing fancy, very good in the air and it showed how much we have missed that.