Football League Show binned?

Dave

Very disappointed in the BBC for this. I'm an advocate of the BBC and the licence fee but this is exactly the type of thing it should be paying for.

The licence fee has been frozen for the last few years or so. They might have to increase it if the BBC wants to keep MOTD tbh :undecided:

Guest bimpy474

Very disappointed in the BBC for this. I'm an advocate of the BBC and the licence fee but this is exactly the type of thing it should be paying for.

I'm not, i only watch MOTD, why should i pay the whole fee for just one programme ?

They should do what ITV used to do with a weekly regional show on a Sunday, then put all regional shows on Iplayer for those fans not in region.

Wouldn't producing like 15/20 small shows cost more than producing one big show? :lol:

Having moved around the country, I know that there are much less regions than that, probably about 10.

Still need the same number of commentators, cameras for each match.

No studio, get the local BBC sport presenter to do some basic introductions live from one of the regional stadiums, or from the local new desk, at the same time as doing his normal BBC job.

If that does cost slightly more, the programme is more appealing, and lowers that £ per viewer value that is more influential than actual cost.

The BBC send a full production team to the host nation whenever they cover a major sporting event. They then almost 100% take the host nations TV coverage of which they have zero input. It culd all quite easily be done with a skeleton staff in the host nation and the studio and guests in a studio in Manchester or London or wherever they film from these days.

It could bring down to millions what costs tens of millions.

As a lower league fan, even I never bother watching it. Why stay up till midnight for 15 seconds worth of highlights, when you can see the goals on Sky Sports quicker and you get longer highlights on the BBC website each Monday morning too. The show was a shit waste of time.

I'm not, i only watch MOTD, why should i pay the whole fee for just one programme ?

You don't ever use BBC Online or listen to BBC Radio?

It's one of, if not the, world's best broadcasters and that is largely due to the way it is funded. Having said that, most countries operate a TV licence system and don't have anything near as good as the BBC. I really don't know why people complain about it, especially in 2011 when if you really don't want one, it's so easy to get round it - you can watch pretty much everything on the BBC, and the other terrestrial channels, (other than MOTD due to rights issues) without even needing a TV licence, and all legally.

The BBC have probably dropped out due to the new contract deal that the Football League have with Sky, which already lets them show all the goals before the FLS is even aired.

There's a place on BBC for a Football League show but their effort was ghastly with an awful time slot. Was pretty much unwatchable tbh.

The problem with this programme was that it was absolutely gash.

The bits in-between the actual footage was the most pointless bit of sporting television possibly ever. Swoopy cameras. A rubbish presenter whose eyes are constantly darting about the studio. Pundits who couldn't watch the games, rendering their opinion cliche and worthless. Text-in featurette which was generic and boring. The best part of the show was when they sent Mark Clemmit out to somebody's ground before the game - i actually felt like i was learning something there. However, they even fucked that up by using Mark fucking Clemmit.

To get rid of it is stupid. To re-hash it would be completely sensible.

Guest bimpy474

It's one of, if not the, world's best broadcasters and that is largely due to the way it is funded. Having said that, most countries operate a TV licence system and don't have anything near as good as the BBC. I really don't know why people complain about it, especially in 2011 when if you really don't want one, it's so easy to get round it - you can watch pretty much everything on the BBC, and the other terrestrial channels, (other than MOTD due to rights issues) without even needing a TV licence, and all legally.

The BBC have probably dropped out due to the new contract deal that the Football League have with Sky, which already lets them show all the goals before the FLS is even aired.

No i dont, like i said i only watch MOTD, i watch sport and documentaries and Sky are far superior to the BBC for those, and i never listen to the radio and if i do its never anything BBC related.

It is not one the world best broadcasters, imo its one of the worst, its run by people who have no interest in what we the taxpayers want and would like to actually see, it gives so called stars millions of pounds of our money without our consent, knowledge or input, that is outrageous seeing as virtually everyone has to pay toward it.

No i dont, like i said i only watch MOTD, i watch sport and documentaries and Sky are far superior to the BBC for those, and i never listen to the radio and if i do its never anything BBC related.

It is not one the world best broadcasters, imo its one of the worst, its run by people who have no interest in what we the taxpayers want and would like to actually see, it gives so called stars millions of pounds of our money without our consent, knowledge or input, that is outrageous seeing as virtually everyone has to pay toward it.

What's this based on?