Newcastle United vs Man Utd - 04/01/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Amir_9

Coming over for this match and the Blackburn FA cup game with 7 mates.  :frantic:

Can`t see us getting anything against manu...

But i hope we have the guts to attack them. Better to try and give it a go, than that pathetic attempt at Liverpool away.

Obertan can not start, The only thing he have is pace, but he does not dear to use it. Pathetic little player.

----------------------------------------- Krul -----------------------------------------

Simpson ------------- Williamson ------------- Coloccini -------------- Santon

---------------------------------------- Tiote -----------------------------------------

------------------------- Cabaye ---------------- Vuckic ---------------------------

Ben Arfa --------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonas

----------------------------------------- Ba -------------------------------------------

Not a cat in hell's chance of it being anything like that, obviously, but that's what i'd be looking to go with. I would have Simpson lynched from the team if it wasn't for the threat of Valencia, who will just annihilate Raylor. Neither of the full-backs that started tonight deserve to be in the side though, so it's an awkward one. Santon must start though, obviously.

Exactly what id like to see, give Ben Arfa a free role to link up with Ba as much as possible, Vuckic seems to be a CM to me from what i have seen and tbh we had more control against Liverpool when he was on because Ben Arfa is more of a forward so it left too much space between the midfield and attack and gave Tiote and Cabaye too much to do.....

If this were the line up i would be confident, aint happening tho.

Wonder if Santon will start? Should do, but then Taylor got another assist...

Santon immediately tidied up our left side and stopped Downing and Johnson having such an easy ride.  It was great to see.

It's true, and it's interesting to note the way in which Downing was giving Raylor such a hard time, it looked to me like he was just....knocking it past him knowing he had the pace and running onto the ball? There's someone playing for us every week who could learn a lot from that.

This is the first game since Man City that I'm expecting a defeat. We've got the players to give them a game but our manager's lost the plot.

Complete overhaul :lol:

Krul

Santon Willo Colo Ferguson

Jonas    Tiote  Cabaye Ben Arfa

Best    Ba

No doubt it will be the usual shite from Pardew. Obertan playing and "raring to go". ben arfa to come on at 70 minutes when we're 2-0 down, ryan taylor kept in because he's a good lad and has worked hard- etc lumping long balls to Best

If he plays Simpson and Raylor it's an inevitable defeat. Valencia/Nani will absolutely ruin them. Has to be Santon and Ferguson for me. Ferguson would be a massive risk but I don't give a fuck because he definitely isn't worse than the other two jokers.

We will get the backlash from todays shit performance from them, unless Blackburn can't hold on.

Even if Man Utd win today, they'll want to prove a point next game.

Big guns back as well. Couldn't make it up. :lol:

We will get the backlash from todays shit performance from them, unless Blackburn can't hold on.

Oh they will be bitter over the draw and that pen that never was

Big guns back as well. Couldn't make it up. :lol:

On the plus side, the fact that they've got to play Man City the following weekend won't do us any harm. He'll be absolutely desperate not to lose that.

65 minutes, when it's 2 or 3 - 0 he'll start taking Rooney and co off. I can't see him taking a game at SJP quite lightly. Because he once lost there 5-0, because they have to win it for the championship, because they've drawn the first game this season and because they had a poor 0-0 last season at our place.