Newcastle United vs. QPR - 15/01/12 @ 1.30pm (live on Sky) Pre-match.

Amir_9

Guest WashyGeordie

:bruce: Y U NO HIRE ME QPR?!

Sadly, I can see them getting Hughes in before the game on Sunday although I still think we'll manage to sneak a win. If Warnock was in charge I'd be confident of winning by a couple tbh.

Poll

Who do you think will replace Neil Warnock as QPR manager?

Mark Hughes  48%

Steve Bruce  18%

Gianfranco Zola  7%

Sven Goran Eriksson  8%

Alan Curbishley  8%

Paolo Di Canio  4%

Other  7%

Guest ToonZA
From Skysports - QPR chief executive Philip Beard on Warnock's replacement: "We've got some people at the club that can help us in the very, very, very short term but we plan to move very quickly and get things sorted."

Considering the above quote and the fact that they sacked most of the 1st team coaching staff, it looks like a care-taker will be in charge against us. Probably someone further down the coaching chain.

Besides, this season we havent given anyone the traditional thumping at SJP (Villa and West Ham last year).

Perhaps a couple from HBA with Best and Strolla chipping in with one each. HBA brought down in the box so an early red card and a penalty. That ought to get the ball rolling ;D

Think we're in for a similar game to Wigan here, Sky must be gutted they've picked it now the Barton factor's gone, can see it being really poor unless we score early doors.

The Sky cameras will probably try and find Barton in the stadium. Can see him travelling up for the game really despite being suspended.

I think it will be Hughes and he did a similar job at Blackburn when he went there as they were relegation candidates.  I seem to remember though that Blackburn were very over-physical in those early games with him in charge.  I just hope the negotiations take a while so he is not appointed until after our game.

Guest Roger Kint

Am i the only one who is genuinely afraid of a major f*ck up here?

No not at all. Was a lot more confident before they sacked Colin

Who the fuck is anxious going into this one? In fact I'm confident going into every game with our lads, they give it all every game.

Not worried about QPR at all, if we play to our best we'll batter them.  :snod:

The partnership of Jonás Gutierrez and Davide Santon should continue, and Hatem Ben Arfa has earned himself a start in the team after his performance today.

KRUL

SIMPSON - WILLIAMSON - COLOCCINI - SANTON

BEN ARFA - CABAYE - ABEID - JONÁS

BEST - AMEOBI

This team for me. Pardew deserves huge credit this season but is he really going to start Obertan or Taylor over Ben Arfa after Ben Arfa's world class performance against Blackburn. We have all been a little mystified by this for a while, surely he won't .........will he?

QPR murdered us at loftus road in all but the scoreline and it was a minor miracle they some how didn't put the ball in the net with the chances they carved out. Hopefully Santon against SWP instead of Taylor and a better all round gameplan by Pardew + the huge confidence we have at the moment this time round will make this a completely different game.

Mehdi did very well and deserves to keep his place, but Guthrie has been very good for us too and we need to sign him up asap so thats a tough call by Pardew. I expect him to go for Guthrie if fit.

Think we'll win this one.