NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I'll feel sorry for Steven Taylor me like. Was class in the first half of the season, and Douglas wouldn't come here to just sit on the bench. I'd rather we signed a centre half who was say 20/21 who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench and getting the odd game in the cups and hopefully Europe,with the view that he would be Coloccini's long term replacement.

I'll feel sorry for Steven Taylor me like. Was class in the first half of the season, and Douglas wouldn't come here to just sit on the bench. I'd rather we signed a centre half who was say 20/21 who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench and getting the odd game in the cups and hopefully Europe,with the view that he would be Coloccini's long term replacement.

I'd rather we simply got someone better than Steven Taylor.  Taylor was good while he was fit this season but his form over his entire career has been inconsistent at best.  Coloccini could feasibly be playing for us for the next 4 years, I don't think it is realistic to expect a talented youngster to wait that long to become a first team regular.

Again, we need dept in the squad. We can not just have 11 first top players, and rest is youngsters. Its up to Taylor and eventually a new CB to impress Pardew, and make their way into the first 11.

Its how they get better, never let anyone think for a second that the place in the squad is their to have, you need to stay sharp, and play well. If not there are hungry quality players there to take your place.

Fuck that, Stevie Taylor is fine but always fucking injured, and it's not like an achilles injury is something you just get over, I'd expect a few more achilles based injuries for Taylor before his career is over, and also, colo isn't young, he won't be able to play midweek and weekend if we manage to stay in Europe and both cups. We need 3 Top class CB's for where we want to be IMO.

Again, we need dept in the squad. We can not just have 11 first top players, and rest is youngsters. Its up to Taylor and eventually a new CB to impress Pardew, and make their way into the first 11.

Its how they get better, never let anyone think for a second that the place in the squad is their to have, you need to stay sharp, and play well. If not there are hungry quality players there to take your place.

Aye I understand your point like, just think people underate Taylor at times. Even in the Championship him and Colo until he was injured had a beasty partnership, that continued this season as well. Not against us signing a centre half like, but would be very hard to keep 3 top ones happy!

Taylor was only inconsistent when younger, since Colo has been here he has a season when he was better than Colo and has played very well since then, (ie his time in the championship, this season and when coming back from injury last season) more of a concern are the I.juries he picks up. 3 top line centre halves is ideal to cover for injuries,suspensiins etc.

He can't stay fit mate, that's the long and short of it.

Imagine this all came off;

Santon (Simpson)

Coloccini (Taylor)

Douglas (Williamson)

Pieters (Raylor/Jonas)

That first choice backline would be class (assuming Pieters is decent, haven't really seen him).

Edit: Forgot about Perchacurta although I suspect, if those two do come in, there will be a couple going out too.

We wont get Douglas on a free, Twente have the option of extending his contract with one year. If we get him it'll be for a good price anyway probably. Would fit in nicely like!

Imagine this all came off;

Santon (Simpson)

Coloccini (Taylor)

Douglas (Williamson)

Pieters (Raylor/Jonas)

That first choice backline would be class (assuming Pieters is decent, haven't really seen him).

Edit: Forgot about Perchacurta although I suspect, if those two do come in, there will be a couple going out too.

Yh i reckon Simpson will be out as long as we buy a LB and Tavernier will be Santon's back up.......

Also Santon and Jonas can play both sides adds some depth having players who can play multiple positions.