NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Taylor, for all his faults, is probably our most dependable CB when fit alongside Colo.

I don't think we'll ever have a good enough pool of centre halves while he's here though, because he's always the reason we don't buy anyone else good enough, and always injured.

:thup:

Taylor, for all his faults, is probably our most dependable CB when fit alongside Colo.

You're basing that on conjecture though. The one time Yanga-Mbiwa and Colo played together was away at Metalist iirc and despite barely knowing each other as a partnership they looked superb in that game simply due to how good both are at reading the game. You're also underestimating Yanga-Mbiwa physically.

Even if Colo played we still would have got bummed that day.... the real issue was the protection in front of the back 4 and the massive gap between the midfield and the back 4.

We could have had Nesta and Maldini at the back and the end result would have been the same.

Guest Howaythetoon

You're basing that on conjecture though. The one time Yanga-Mbiwa and Colo played together was away at Metalist iirc and despite barely knowing each other as a partnership they looked superb in that game simply due to how good both are at reading the game. You're also underestimating Yanga-Mbiwa physically.

Was a slow tempo European game where we were set up to defend. Different kettle of fish to the Premier League.

I find it amazing how blaze some seem over even the merest hint of Taylor leaving. He's a good solid Premier League defender, our second best CB (although Mapou has the ability to overtake him given enough games) and importantly he's a Geordie, a rarity in a team of mainly foreigners. His Premier League experience alone is vital. To allow Taylor to leave would be crazy, regardless.

This reminds me of how happy some people seemed to be losing Ba because it would mean Cisse would score 50 goals a game or something.

You want to be keeping your best players and Taylor when fit is certainly one of our better players. Lately, when he plays, he rarely lets us down and has developed into a tough, competent Premier League CB whose partnership with Colo is easily one of the best in the division outside of the usual suspects.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think we'll ever have a good enough pool of centre halves while he's here though, because he's always the reason we don't buy anyone else good enough, and always injured.

Eh, we bought Colo and Mapou while he was here.

In Colo, Mapou and Taylor we actually have 3 very good CBs, only Williamson dilutes this 'pool'.

:lol: Lets get rid of a quality CB to get another quality CB in to improve our quality pool...  :bounce:

Eh, we bought Colo and Mapou while he was here.

In Colo, Mapou and Taylor we actually have 3 very good CBs, only Williamson dilutes this 'pool'.

:lol: Lets get rid of a quality CB to get another quality CB in to improve our quality pool...  :bounce:

I take your point but I think you know what I'm saying, we've obviously got other centre halves, I'm not saying he's the only one we've got. I'm saying he's taking up a place in the squad that could be filled by someone who can play more regularly and avoid us having to play the likes of Williamson.

Guest Geordiesned

Someone's been piling the money on us signing Scott Sinclair (insider info?). Gone from 40/1 to 1/4.

EDIT: Just realised already in Twitter thread.

Someone's been piling the money on us signing Scott Sinclair (insider info?). Gone from 40/1 to 1/4.

When you say piling on... wouldn't a couple of fivers be enough to swing a market with very few punters?

Guest Roger Kint

When you say piling on... wouldn't a couple of fivers be enough to swing a market with very few punters?

a few £5 bets wouldnt make it do that :lol:

Now that would be a great signing. Can definitely fill that wide forward roll alongside Ben Arfa and Cisse.

Probably won't score as many goals as a Remy or Aubameyang, but he'll get a few and will create chances. Great pace and very direct.

a few £5 bets wouldnt make it do that :lol:

One blue nosed regulars new £2m villa on the Costa Blanca says otherwise. :whistle:

O0

He's clearly an upgrade on some of our wide options, but I think Sinclair's pretty average.

He's along the lines of a Lennon, Walcott, Nathan Dyer, Sterling etc.

Just a quick direct wide player. Usually very underrated these sorts.

They can cause all sorts of problems despite not being as high profile, as some of the more creative wide players from abroad.

We desperately lack this sort of player imo.

He is definitely not the finished product as you've implied,but is still young enough to develop a lot further with more playing opportunities.

I do understand where your coming from though, for sure.

He has some limitations to his game in terms of technique which means he's a player that can only go so far but for where we are now, we'd struggle to find better options. He has some excellent attributes that we need more of in our squad, mainly pace and good, intelligent movement off the ball.

Anyone updated on the Scott Sinclair situation? It seems he's on his way through the gates :)

Looks like after I posted this there has been some reactions, yeah.

Atleast he'll take a HG spot :p