NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

With the emergence of Bigirimana I think Gosling is very much disposable.

Tiote, Cabaye, Anita and Bigi are all ahead of him in the pecking order for a start in CM, Jonas too when we go with three in the middle. Perch offers more as well IMO.

Gosling has looked absolutely abysmal in his time here to be brutally honest. Maybe he'd get better with some regular football but we certainly can't afford to give him that. A loan could work but personally I don't think he'll ever be good enough to offer us anything so I'd be happy enough to get rid.

If it pushes Amalfitano up the pecking order and encourages Ashley to spend.. then I wouldn't be gutted. Been unlucky with injuries and not to get a run in the side, but never really showed enough flashes of talent to warrant more patience. We don't really have unimportant games either. Maybe if our season ends early with midtable mediocrity in Feb/Mar and out of the cups he might, but don't really want that!

We shouldn't give up on him yet imo. We got him for nowt, and he hasn't really had a proper run in the side up until this season. We need the bodies, and I like that he has the opportunity to play in the Europa and Cup games which gives him objectives and milestones to achieve.

He looked much much improved against Maritimo, even in terms of his mobility and control. No reason to stall his progress now. He seems like a good professional, and I can;t imagine he's on a wage that is incongruent with his contribution. Keep.

He's one of the few who i'd regard as disposable. Would rather all our other young CMs - Abeid, Vuckic and Bigirimana - played ahead of him.

I do agree with that.  While we shouldn't be letting anyone go if that were to happen central midfield would be the one that would do the least damage.  Gosling hasn't had that much chance to prove himself so it's harsh to say he's a poor player but getting £2m for a player we signed for free who has shown little promise to this point is pretty decent.

We shouldn't give up on him yet imo. We got him for nowt, and he hasn't really had a proper run in the side up until this season. We need the bodies, and I like that he has the opportunity to play in the Europa and Cup games which gives him objectives and milestones to achieve.

He looked much much improved against Maritimo, even in terms of his mobility and control. No reason to stall his progress now. He seems like a good professional, and I can;t imagine he's on a wage that is incongruent with his contribution. Keep.

He's on a very, very good wage for a fringe player due to how we signed him from Everton.

£2m isnt really enough to think aye we should sell. He hasn't been good, in fact had he been at least average then I reckon most would want him to stay to see if he can develop, but he's struggled to even reach that level, especially in the league.

He's had big injuiries, we took a chance with his contract situation and it hasn't quite worked, but he's not that old, has time on his contract and with a long season ahead probably someone we could do with keeping, certainly more than having £2m in the bank (and not spending it)

I'd give him at least till the end of the season unless we get something that we cannot turn down, see how a full season without injuries and being picked helps develop his game and especially his confidence. Really just hasn't had a run out the whole time he's been here, and that makes a huge difference.

If we had a squad, Gosling would be straight out the door but we dont. The only ones I'd let go are Xisco and Ranger, who basically don't exist.

Gosling's in a position though where we have Cabaye, Perch, Tiote, Bigirimana, Anita & Abeid. He's one of the few expendables we have imo, though I still think he'll make a decent player.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-boss-paul-lambert-1338881

Oh Danny boy! Villa boss plans raid for Newcastle midfielder Gosling

Paul Lambert is reported to be preparing a £2m bid for the out of favour Toon star

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert wants to snap up out-of-favour Newcastle star Dan Gosling.

Lambert is a fan of the midfielder who has fought back from injury but is now stuck on the fringes of Alan Pardew’s side.

Gosling joined the Toon on a controversial free transfer from Everton – but his career was held back by a knee problem that put him out for a year. Now Gosling is fit but cannot force his way into Pardew’s plans – and that has alerted Villa who made an enquiry for him in the last window and are ready to make a £2million bid.

Lambert likes to pick up bargains and thinks Gosling would be ideal for his midfield where he also tried and failed for Charlton ace Dale Stephens in the summer market.

Gosling needs games at the top level and he could be prepared to move, despite being cool on a summer switch to Blackburn.

So they're only one s*** midfielder away from executing their plan?!