NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

absolutely absurd that we even considered offering him a new contract.

Extremely surprised that it was Shola who asked for 'thinking time'. Guess it's feasible he could make a semi-decent career in the USA or somewhere for a couple of seasons.

Maybe he's realised he hasn't got what it takes now and as he loves us so much may decide to step down  :frantic:

absolutely absurd that we even considered offering him a new contract.

Extremely surprised that it was Shola who asked for 'thinking time'. Guess it's feasible he could make a semi-decent career in the USA or somewhere for a couple of seasons.

That article seems mostly bollocks though - why would he suddenly decide he wants more starts now he's 31. It never bothered him before.

Shola + fight and win man at the Seattle Sounders definitely has the beginnings of a shit documentary to it.

@MsiDouglas: Becoming increasingly clear that value is the driving factor of #nufc recruitment this summer. They'll be interested in 'deals'... 1/2

Cheers for that... Which club doesn't look for value in deals, and how is this any different from the last couple of years?

@MsiDouglas: Becoming increasingly clear that value is the driving factor of #nufc recruitment this summer. They'll be interested in 'deals'... 1/2

Cheers for that... Which club doesn't look for value in deals, and how is this any different from the last couple of years?

Welcome back to the present day Mark, where have you been?

He'd be a useful option to have around, but if we only sign one striker I wouldn't want it to be Bent.

At Villa, he's been displaced from the central role by Benteke, and Weimann and Agbonlohor are far better suited to the secondary roles. I don't think we can necessarily assume that his form has plummeted that much. But as people say, he has his limitations.

As I said the other day, Bent is one of the best players around of his type. If you get the ball to him, he'll score plenty of goals, it's as simple as that.

I personally think anyone who gets him now is going to get themselves a bargain, coming off a season where he's not been used much and the price is lower as a result.

Mackems already hate Bent, they'd have aneurysm's in their scores if he scored against them for us  :lol: Still don't think he's the kind of player we need, maybe as backup for Cisse but I doubt we'd be buying him to sit on the bench.

Bent really isn't going to come unless he's first choice... are we assuming Cisse is leaving?

That's the only way it makes sense IMO, ie if the Wonga thing is true. I doubt both tbh.

Bent really isn't going to come unless he's first choice... are we assuming Cisse is leaving?

That's the only way it makes sense IMO, ie if the Wonga thing is true. I doubt both tbh.

Me too, seems a conclusion way too far for anything we know at the moment.

Guest Roger Kint

The club ringmouthpiece has spoken:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 5m

Overall package for Darren Bent way above #nufc 's budgets . NUFC want younger players. But Bent big pals with Pardew.

As expected really

The club ringmouthpiece has spoken:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 5m

Overall package for Darren Bent way above #nufc 's budgets . NUFC want younger players. But Bent big pals with Pardew.

As expected really

Reet bellend this bloke like.

Starts with writing the deal off, then ends with it could still happen though.

Prick.

Guest Roger Kint

Bent would be an unambitious signing signifying no great interest in improving our play. He's good but still just a poacher, midtable player at best

Rather go for Hooper(Hull bid 'excess of £4m' today) than try for Bent

Reading too much into the Ryder tweet, but:

I wonder if this signals that Pardew is being given "more say" in recruitment, but still not much at all. I say that because rumours like Bent, Tomkins and Pearce seem very odd for a club where Graham Carr has been raiding Ligue 1 for so long.

I know there were those quotes about PL experience, but seriously, these sorts of players are shite and smack of a Pardew wishlist.

I wonder if this signals that Pardew is being given "more say" in recruitment, but still not much at all. I say that because rumours like Bent, Tomkins and Pearce seem very odd for a club where Graham Carr has been raiding Ligue 1 for so long.

I know there were those quotes about PL experience, but seriously, these sorts of players are shite and smack of a Pardew wishlist.

It smacks of a couple of quotes being used by the media to make up a whole load of possible 'links' IMO. I doubt it says anything at all about our transfer policy.

Guest Roger Kint

It smacks of a couple of quotes being used by the media to make up a whole load of possible 'links' IMO. I doubt it says anything at all about our transfer policy.

Didnt Douglas or someone say its the quietest time in years in terms of actual work being done so far? Smacks more of complete fabrication rather than Pardew having a wish list. Like you say it hasnt got much to say about us at all really.

No doubt you're both right.

I just have this nagging fear that, in the end-of-season review, Pardew might have said something like, "You need to let me sign true English grit" or some such - and actually got some traction with it.

Plus I'm reading too much into a solitary tweet by a paid lackey.

And it's the silly season and I'm bored :lol:

As well as it being Darren freaking Bent!