NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew is cool over transfers

23 Jul 2013 08:01

Director of football Joe Kinnear is the man tasked with bringing in new faces this summer. But there has been no progress six weeks into his new role

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has shrugged off the Magpies’ unwanted tag of being the only Premier League club not to make a breakthrough in the transfer window.

But while sides such as Sunderland have taken their recruitment drive into double figures this summer, and sides such as Swansea, Cardiff and newly-promoted Hull City have all been busy in the window, Pardew remains cool about United’s transfer plans.

Newcastle are hoping to sign Bafetimbi Gomis and are hoping to open talks with want-away Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy in the next few days, but asked if he was concerned about lack of progress, Pardew told the Chronicle from Braga: “Some clubs have brought in players that I wouldn’t bring to this football club. I wouldn’t read too much into that.

“Strikers are the hardest deals to do. I’m hoping for some good news this week.”

Director of football Joe Kinnear is the man tasked with bringing in new faces this summer.

But there has been no progress six weeks into his new role.

Understandably this has United fans deeply concerned. Yet Kinnear is continuing to operate behind the scenes and the sale of Dan Gosling should happen this week.

Pardew admits to mixed feelings about letting Gosling go, but said his proposed move to Crystal Palace was a good one for the midfielder.

He said: “When he was fit, he was behind some fantastic players – Cabaye, Cheick Tiote and now we’ve obviously got Moussa and Anita.

“With the game time he’d get it wouldn’t be fair for me to have him in the squad.”

Pardew indicated the move would also help him boost his squad. He said: “We need the room in terms of the finance to get other players in. We wish him well. He’s been a terrific lad on the training field here. He was never anything other than 100% committed in his training.

“Like all players, there’s a time for them to find their first-team place.

“I think Dan feels at Crystal Palace he’s got a great chance of making a career where he’s a regular starter.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-boss-alan-pardew-5262238?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pardew knows that if no players come in the blame is off his shoulders

I think he's more worried about getting sacked following bad results TBH.

"Oh great, I've got no new players, they can't blame me when we're shit now". FFS man.

I think Pardew would probably welcome being sacked. He'd get the huge pay out he's been hoping for, and knows he won't get it if he walks out. He would also appear pretty blameless to most people (not us the knowing supporter) as he could claim that he was completely undermined by the structure the owner put in place.

Thought this worth sharing;

'according to Mark Douglas (The Journal) the vibes from the club are that they aren't even trying to make progress on any sort of transfers'

If true, Kinner more bothered about making his own position safe and it would seem that all of our business, was done last January. Desperate. :(

'according to Mark Douglas (The Journal) the vibes from the club are that they aren't even trying to make progress on any sort of transfers'

If true, Kinner more bothered about making his own position safe and it would seem that all of our business, was done last January. Desperate. :(

Where's that from then?

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think Pardew would probably welcome being sacked. He'd get the huge pay out he's been hoping for, and knows he won't get it if he walks out. He would also appear pretty blameless to most people (not us the knowing supporter) as he could claim that he was completely undermined by the structure the owner put in place.

How is it Pardew's fault if they wont back him for the second season in a row?

Where's that from then?

Guessing Total Sport today?...

That's not what he said. He said he didn't know who was in charge of signing off the transfers. I think its fairly clear we're in the market for a striker.

That's not what he said. He said he didn't know who was in charge of signing off the transfers. I think its fairly clear we're in the market for a striker.

I don't think he has a clue like everyone else and just guessing tbh.

But it wouldn't surprise me if we buy no one :lol:

Who gives a shit what Mark Douglas thinks. He claims to have all these sources but all his did in January was regurgitate the French media.

He said flat out we wouldn't sign Ba, knew nothing of Marveaux, nothing of Cisse.

He's held up as some sort of oracle but he's no better than Ryder. He just writes his shit in a slightly more eloquent way. At least Ryder is a fan and actually cares.

I don't think he has a clue like everyone else and just guessing tbh.

But it wouldn't surprise me if we buy no one :lol:

You're right. He doesn't. He gets nothing from the club and is relying on word of mouth from agents etc. I wouldn't worry about anything Douglas says.

Ashley has absolutely no intention of spending. If they really wanted Remy/Bent/Gomis/Gignac one of them would of been here by now. I'm no expert in these matters but it really can't take that long to contact a club and make them an offer, wether or not JFK was on fucking holiday is totally irrelevant. I doubt we've bid for a single player yet.

Kinnear's director of football job title is just something to make him look official, when actually everyone know's he is here to smoke Pardew out, however long it takes.

Ashley has absolutely no intention of spending. If they really wanted Remy/Bent/Gomis/Gignac one of them would of been here by now. I'm no expert in these matters but it really can't take that long to contact a club and make them an offer, wether or not JFK was on fucking holiday is totally irrelevant. I doubt we've bid for a single player yet.

Kinnear's director of football job title is just something to make him look official, when actually everyone know's he is here to smoke Pardew out, however long it takes.

I think we are interested in maybe 1 striker but you have to question the dragging of heels when everyone of them is available for transfer and it's been known for a relatively long amount of time. No doubt it'll be because we need to save 20p by using 2nd class stamps or something.