NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

He would be Pardew's Laurent Robert only in central midfield. If we only bought one player in the summer that we can realistically sign it would be him. Sign him and keep all the others here and fit and we will be in the Champions League every season.

You don't think we have more important areas in the team where we need to improve if we want to become regular top 6 challengers?

Goes like this to me of importance...... 1. Fullback 2.Centre back 3. Centre Midfielder 4. Depth.

Same, though I'd say CB/FB are interchangeable in priority. Firstly, apart from Santon, the options we have at fullback (the likes of Simpson/Raylor/Perch) are hardly world beaters (as hardworking as they are) and secondly, we need a new first choice CB (Saylor would be it if it weren't for his recent injury record). Definitely need strengthening in defence, first and foremost.

I'd put a striker before a centre-midfielder (in order of priorities). But if someone like Sigurdsson became available for a modest price then i'd absolutely go for it, if only for the fact we need more squad depth.

I want to see a young striker come in. It seems to be the only position where we've not got a 'promising youngster' in the squad/on the fringes.

Guest bimpy474

I'd put a striker before a centre-midfielder (in order of priorities). But if someone like Sigurdsson became available for a modest price then i'd absolutely go for it, if only for the fact we need more squad depth.

I'd say a winger/striker type, to be able to play three up, Hoillett fits for me.

Our goalkeeper has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper, I think that our defence can not significantly improve although i will be the first to say it needs more depth and can be better offensively.

The main reasons we are only joint 4th are that we had defenders injured and our defence and midfield are not creating or scoring enough goals.

So while defensive depth is needed, getting more goals from midfield will be what really pushes us on  and siggurdson will become world class with regards to that and make us an amazing team.

:lol:

Also, we need more than defensive squad depth; we need a quality centre back and a quality full back to really have top 6 quality all over the pitch.

That said, I would love to see Sigurdsson come here if the price is right. I think he would compliment Tiote and Cabaye quite well and provide the goals from midfield as well as a threat from set pieces that could make us an even more dangerous team going forward.

I want to see a young striker come in. It seems to be the only position where we've not got a 'promising youngster' in the squad/on the fringes.

Whilst I agree we could do with a promising young striker, I don't think it's the only position where we don't have a youngster on the fringes. We have Nile Ranger (I know) and Sammy Ameobi (I know) who could be classified as such. Centre back is where we are really thin on the ground when it comes to players who could be developed into future first team players.

He would be Pardew's Laurent Robert only in central midfield. If we only bought one player in the summer that we can realistically sign it would be him. Sign him and keep all the others here and fit and we will be in the Champions League every season.

You don't think we have more important areas in the team where we need to improve if we want to become regular top 6 challengers?

Goes like this to me of importance...... 1. Fullback 2.Centre back 3. Centre Midfielder 4. Depth.

Same, though I'd say CB/FB are interchangeable in priority. Firstly, apart from Santon, the options we have at fullback (the likes of Simpson/Raylor/Perch) are hardly world beaters (as hardworking as they are) and secondly, we need a new first choice CB (Saylor would be it if it weren't for his recent injury record). Definitely need strengthening in defence, first and foremost.

Yep i can definitely agree with all of that, i expect us to address all issues in the summer anyway especially with the extra revenue that europe will provide.

Whether we keep all our key players or not is another entirely and one i dont think i can predict either way.

Our goalkeeper has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper, I think that our defence can not significantly improve although i will be the first to say it needs more depth and can be better offensively.

I just don't even know what to say.

Say nothing. Ignore it and, hopefully, one day it'll go away.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Don't try :lol:

Say nothing. Ignore it and, hopefully, one day it'll go away.

:lol:

Must say I agree with James there.

The main reasons we are only joint 4th are that we had defenders injured and our defence and midfield are not creating or scoring enough goals.

Reports have emerged that Newcastle United remain in the hunt for Guingamp striker Anthony Knockaert.

The Belgian is also interesting Ligue Une high flyers Montpellier.

The highly-rated 20-year-old has been impressing for Guingamp in the French second tier and has been tipped to leave this summer.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, who has had huge success with his French imports this season, has been linked with Knockaert, who has scored eight goals this term.

Newcastle linked with a move for Anthony Knockaert again today. Find a profile of him in here http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2012/04/04/4463/

Yep i can definitely agree with all of that, i expect us to address all issues in the summer anyway especially with the extra revenue that europe will provide.

Whether we keep all our key players or not is another entirely and one i dont think i can predict either way.

Think we'll just about keep all of them. It's going to take a ridiculous offer (£20 million+) for one of our key players to go.

Guest ThievingMagpie

I can see how our midfield would shape up with Siggy, it'd be a midfield trio of Tiote (Destroyer) Cabaye (Creator) and Sigurdsson (Box to Box Scorer) I think it'd be tidy that because Cabaye normally plays the deep playmaker role for France from what I've seen and I think he'd do really well with it sending balls up to Sig, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse

I can see how our midfield would shape up with Siggy, it'd be a midfield trio of Tiote (Destroyer) Cabaye (Creator) and Sigurdsson (Box to Box Scorer) I think it'd be tidy that because Cabaye normally plays the deep playmaker role for France from what I've seen and I think he'd do really well with it sending balls up to Sig, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse

:fwap:

All capable of 10+ goals a season. I reckon there's 60+ goals between them.