NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Wenger now "very keen" on Mapou. Beew. One of Mbiwa, Douglas and Vertonghen would be good, but really prefer Mbiwa.

Matt Spiro ‏ @mattspiro  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Wenger very keen on Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. Montpellier won't stand in their captain's way. Good chance of transfer happening

Ye, would like Mwiba > Douglas > Vertonghen

In the news this evening. I like him as a player but if Carr thinks he is not for us who am I to think otherwise.

Montpellier's Mapou Yanga Mbiwa: It might be too early to leave now. We're in the middle of a great adventure. There's a chance to play in the Champions League with my formative club, that'd be nice. It doesn't depend on me. If an offer comes in and the two clubs reach an agreement...

It's strange - even though Douglas is the perfect fit, I find myself wanting Mbiwa more. It's like being back at school on Valentine's Day.

what the fuck are you on about you tool?

;D

Well there's the girl that fancies you and is a perfect fit, but despite this you're besotted with someone else. I thought it was a crackin' simile but apparantly not!

It's strange - even though Douglas is the perfect fit, I find myself wanting Mbiwa more. It's like being back at school on Valentine's Day.

what the f*** are you on about you tool?

He's gay for Mbiwa is what he's trying to say.

what the f*** are you on about you tool?

He's gay for Mbiwa is what he's trying to say.

That too.

Still not quite sure why Arsenal need a CB..... that is'nt thier problem, lack of any decent fullbacks apart from Sagna and no real destroyer in midfield, and depth in attack are more pressing issues for them imo.

Mertesacker is a bit dodgy and Djourou is s***. Perhaps shifting Vermaelen to left back?

If this happens, Vermaelen will leave. He hates LB. Then we could buy him? :)

Still not quite sure why Arsenal need a CB..... that is'nt thier problem, lack of any decent fullbacks apart from Sagna and no real destroyer in midfield, and depth in attack are more pressing issues for them imo.

Mertesacker is a bit dodgy and Djourou is s***. Perhaps shifting Vermaelen to left back?

Mertesacker is an international defender of many years for a reason he will come good, Djourou is not s*** imo atleast for a 4th choice defender i cant think of that many better 4th choice defenders and Verm is s*** at LB imo

Never once been impressed with him in that position.

To me they should buy some Sagna back up, a proper LB, Cesc replacement( that might be Wilshere tho), Podolski and perhaps a DM.

Despite his size, he is weak and slow. He's an acceptable Premiership defender but he will never be great.

Arsenal have a good defensive midfielder in Song. The problem is the super aggressive attacking style they play. Watch the DMs at other clubs. They sit back, block the opposition, and spread the ball. Song is often in and around the penalty box making runs and attempting dangerous passes that can easily be intercepted. Even Vermaelen pushes forward a crazy amount when they have the ball. I don't understand why they chose to leave themselves so exposed.

Mertesacker is an international defender of many years for a reason he will come good, Djourou is not s*** imo atleast for a 4th choice defender i cant think of that many better 4th choice defenders and Verm is s*** at LB imo

To me they should buy some Sagna back up, a proper LB, Cesc replacement( that might be Wilshere tho), Podolski and perhaps a DM.

Despite his size, he is weak and slow. He's an acceptable Premiership defender but he will never be great.

Arsenal have a good defensive midfielder in Song. The problem is the super aggressive attacking style they play. Watch the DMs at other clubs. They sit back, block the opposition, and spread the ball. Song is often in and around the penalty box making runs and attempting dangerous passes that can easily be intercepted. Even Vermaelen pushes forward a crazy amount when they have the ball. I don't understand why they chose to leave themselves so exposed.

Totally agree with everything you're saying Baba.

I think Song has got about 14 assists this season too. :lol:

If this happens, Vermaelen will leave. He hates LB. Then we could buy him? :)

I can't see the sense in moving him to LB. He's their best CB. That's like us moving Colo to RB because he's better than Simpson there.

Now and then, they get punished for it, as against Wigan on Monday.

Wenger obviously believes that it's the right approach, and he's not exactly done badly with it. It's a matter of accepting the overall package. To work, it needs the players to be 100% committed and confident, because it's a knife-edge game and unless they're prepared to play on that edge then it can fall apart.

He also needs top quality players, and that's become more difficult since Chelsea and Man City started their spending sprees. Wenger must be banking on Financial Fair Play to be effective to give him a better shot at the title.

Song is not a DM he is a CM that is wear he has been playing this season, Arteta has been playing deeper than him.

That's why when Arteta doesnt play, Arsenal struggle because Song plays DM where he is uncomfortable and with Wilshere injured they dont have no real CM.

Just says he could move in the summer as the "next step" in his career (following success at Lille and progression into the full France setup) and that we've watched him a couple of times. Valencia are also interested and he would be open to both potential moves.

If we do bring in Debuchy, then I assume it would be a sign that we see Santon as our long term LB. Wouldn't mind that like but the thing is, I really want to see Davide having a runout at RB.