NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I'd be surprised if NUFC spent £8m on Sigurdsson (or any other midfielder). He's had a good half season in the Premier League. What's his previous record like in the other leagues he's played in? Why did Hoffenheim loan him out? Was he not getting a game for them? Besides, I'm sure I read recently that Hoffenheim didn't want to sell him.

Wiki:

Scored 21/44 and 9 assists for Reading from midfield then after moving to Hoffenheim scoring 10 goals 3 assists from 32 (13 starts) being voted by the fans as their play of the year but his second year he made only 7 appearances before being loaned out in January to Swansea scoring 7 with 2 assists in 15... 

:notbad:

Krul

S.Taylor    Colo    Vertonghten  Santon

Tiote

Cabaye  Sigurdsson

Ben Arfa                                      Ba

Cisse

:megusta:

Krul

S.Taylor    Colo    Vertonghten  Santon

Tiote

Cabaye  Sigurdsson

Cisse

:huff:

I'd be surprised if NUFC spent £8m on Sigurdsson (or any other midfielder). He's had a good half season in the Premier League. What's his previous record like in the other leagues he's played in? Why did Hoffenheim loan him out? Was he not getting a game for them? Besides, I'm sure I read recently that Hoffenheim didn't want to sell him.

Wiki:

Scored 21/44 and 9 assists for Reading from midfield then after moving to Hoffenheim scoring 10 goals 3 assists from 32 (13 starts) being voted by the fans as their play of the year but his second year he made only 7 appearances before being loaned out in January to Swansea scoring 7 with 2 assists in 15... 

:notbad:

Would be canny stats for a forward never mind a midfielder... I can see the sense if the price is right but he seems happy at Swansea...

Krul

Debuchy  Colo    Vertonghten  Santon

Tiote

Cabaye  Sigurdsson

Cisse

FYP  O0

Sigurdsson has great stats for a midfielder. Anyone know how he went from being the Hoffenheim fans player of the season to only 7 appearances before being loaned out the following season?

I just wonder if Ashley would sanction paying £8m for him. The players we tend to buy are 'good value' with room to increase in value. Would Sigurdsson get much better than being an £8m player? He'd probably need to be a full on superstar to increase in value from £8m, especially with FIFA financial fair play on the way and clubs probably not spending as much. Players like e.g. *Hoilett or Tranquillo Barnetta (available on free transfers - Hoilett subject to tribunal decided fee) are cheaper alternatives who would seem to be more in keeping with current NUFC transfer policy.

*I know Hoilett and Barnetta don't play the same role as Sigurdsson. They are just a couple of examples of players whose contracts end in the Summer.

We don't often end up getting players we are linked with in the papers. A lot of our signings come out of the blue.

Oh how I would love to see a midfield of Tiote Cabaye and Gylfi. I almost jizz myself thinking about the even more sexy attacking football we would have.

HOOF

Stop ruining my dreams you evil man you!

Oh how I would love to see a midfield of Tiote Cabaye and Gylfi. I almost jizz myself thinking about the even more sexy attacking football we would have.

HOOF

Stop ruining my dreams you evil man you!

We are a team that play our most attractive football on the counter attack. For the time being we dont have the players capable of playing like Swansea or Arsenal, we have to play quite direct. I dont mind for the time being as long as we can progress to keeping posession a little better, which i think will be alot better once we get a centre back and a fullback with alot better technique than Williamson and Simpson.

Would pay much more than 8 million for Sigurdsson I think he will become better than Lampard.

Defensively we can't improve much more. We are all about the unit and we really just need bodies to cover for injuries and improve consistency.

Where we could really leap forward is with quality of set pieces and goals from midfield and Sigurdsson can do that with Cabaye and Tiote bossing the midfield.

Krul

Debuchy  Colo    Vertonghten  Santon

Tiote

Cabaye  Sigurdsson

Cisse

FYP  O0

No englishmen :huff:

I like Sigurdsson but we need more pace in midfield. He's a good player but he's not the player for us. We need a better dribbler and someone who can break from midfield, otherwise our attack will be stunted and heavily dependent on Ben Arfa. If we were to sign him then we'd have to replace Tiote, IMO, with a better passer and mover, and have Cabaye cover more defensive duties and hope that the increased attacking prowess covers the defensive frailties which will be exposed when Tiote's not there. Someone like Fletcher is the type of player who would fit in a midfield with Sigurdsson and Cabaye, but if we're staying with Tiote and Cabaye, then we need someone like Wilshere. These are just examples, by the way, in case we're serious about this.

We should go for Iniesta IMO.

Agreed.

Maybe he'll have a clause in his contract. :lol:

What sort of player is Sigurdsson anyway? Aside from Newcastle games I've seen fuck all football these last few months, only time I've seen Sigurdsson was when we bummed them.