NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

As was mentioned earlier, wasn't Cisse just answering questions he was asked rather than coming up with these quotes out of the blue, not really that worried tbh

Nowt at all to be worried about, too much paranoia over sod all these days.

As was mentioned earlier, wasn't Cisse just answering questions he was asked rather than coming up with these quotes out of the blue, not really that worried tbh

Of course, as is almost always the case when any football journo writes a story like that. He also specifically says "I trust the club to do the right thing".

And he asked for £60m for Giroud. I don't know anything about the club's finances but I bet that Mbiwa goes for a lot less than that.

Exactly when everybody and thier mother knows that Giroud has a release clause for around 10-15m......

Anyway its not exactly a problem, just go and snap up Douglas for 5m :pow:

Doesn't M'Biwa have a release clause too? (around £4/5 million iirc).

Supposedly, but its not confirmed unlike Giroud.

Oh right. Well, if we do go for him in the end, I'm confident that it will be for a sensible price.

confused, thought Unbelievable had basically said Douglas was in the bag?  what changed, can't understand it

I did? I think he's realistic in terms of price tag and willingness to come here. I don't think I ever said it was a done deal?

confused, thought Unbelievable had basically said Douglas was in the bag?  what changed, can't understand it

I did? I think he's realistic in terms of price tag and willingness to come here. I don't think I ever said it was a done deal?

that thing about an article in a dutch paper and then you came along and said the fella who wrote is essentially dutch football itself?

clearly read too much into it

Lies.

Wenger now "very keen" on Mapou. Beew. One of Mbiwa, Douglas and Vertonghen would be good, but really prefer Mbiwa.

Matt Spiro ‏ @mattspiro  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Wenger very keen on Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. Montpellier won't stand in their captain's way. Good chance of transfer happening

It's strange - even though Douglas is the perfect fit, I find myself wanting Mbiwa more. It's like being back at school on Valentine's Day.

It's disturbing that you lusted after footballers on valentines day as a child.

Still not quite sure why Arsenal need a CB..... that is'nt thier problem, lack of any decent fullbacks apart from Sagna and no real destroyer in midfield, and depth in attack are more pressing issues for them imo.

Mertesacker is a bit dodgy and Djourou is shit. Perhaps shifting Vermaelen to left back?

Still not quite sure why Arsenal need a CB..... that is'nt thier problem, lack of any decent fullbacks apart from Sagna and no real destroyer in midfield, and depth in attack are more pressing issues for them imo.

Mertesacker is a bit dodgy and Djourou is s***. Perhaps shifting Vermaelen to left back?

Mertesacker is an international defender of many years for a reason he will come good, Djourou is not shit imo atleast for a 4th choice defender i cant think of that many better 4th choice defenders and Verm is shit at LB imo

Never once been impressed with him in that position.

To me they should buy some Sagna back up, a proper LB, Cesc replacement( that might be Wilshere tho), Podolski and perhaps a DM.