NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I can see how our midfield would shape up with Siggy, it'd be a midfield trio of Tiote (Destroyer) Cabaye (Creator) and Sigurdsson (Box to Box Scorer) I think it'd be tidy that because Cabaye normally plays the deep playmaker role for France from what I've seen and I think he'd do really well with it sending balls up to Sig, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse

:fwap:

All capable of 10+ goals a season. I reckon there's 60+ goals between them.

Imagine how many assists Cabaye would get :fwap:

I can see how our midfield would shape up with Siggy, it'd be a midfield trio of Tiote (Destroyer) Cabaye (Creator) and Sigurdsson (Box to Box Scorer) I think it'd be tidy that because Cabaye normally plays the deep playmaker role for France from what I've seen and I think he'd do really well with it sending balls up to Sig, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse

Just to be pedantic , Ben Arfa has never scored over 10 in a season. Cabaye has though.

Just to be pedantic , neither Ben Arfa or Sig has scored over 10 in a season. Cabaye has though.

Sigursson has done it twice (21 for Reading in 2009-2010, admittedly in the Championship but still, and 10 for Hoffenheim in 2010-2011 in the Bundesliga). Ben Arfa has scored 9 twice and has never had a full season as first choice. I don't think it's far fetched to suggest they are both capable of it.

We've been linked to him before. Be interesting to see if somebody can find out if indeed there is a medical planned for tomorrow.

We wouldn't have to contact Barnsley anyway as he is a free agent. NUFCfans are joke anyhow, you may as well stick it in the twitter rumour thread.

Would pay much more than 8 million for Sigurdsson I think he will become better than Lampard.

Why come out with such shite?

Get linked to someone who's played just over 10 games for Swansea and you claim he'll be better than the most prolific midfielder in Premier League history.  Fuck sake.

That article is just one which is trying to make a story out of nothing.

"Would you be unhappy if the best players left the club, Papiss?"

What do you think he's going to say, asking silly questions like that just for something to fill the pages?

Would pay much more than 8 million for Sigurdsson I think he will become better than Lampard.

Why come out with such s****?

Get linked to someone who's played just over 10 games for Swansea and you claim he'll be better than the most prolific midfielder in Premier League history.  f*** sake.

:lol:

Why come out with such s****?

Get linked to someone who's played just over 10 games for Swansea and you claim he'll be better than the most prolific midfielder in Premier League history.  f*** sake.

:yao: my thought exactly the same... not worth 8 mill yet.

Guest VegasToon

I really don't think we will bring in any midfielders unless Gutherie goes even then maybe not.  I can see Vuckic, Abeid and Gosling given a chance in the center and Sammy and Marvieux on the wings.

I would like to see a LB or RB, CB and Striker with most of our dealings for the youth setup.  Also maybe a good squad player similar to Perch and Raylor that can play multiple roles.

Why come out with such shite?

Get linked to someone who's played just over 10 games for Swansea and you claim he'll be better than the most prolific midfielder in Premier League history.  Fuck sake.

:lol:

Slammed!

Guest MrSundlofer

Montpellier owner Louis Nicollin has told the media that Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa can leave the club for a fee of £11.6M... - from some days ago.

Guest Roger Kint

Montpellier owner Louis Nicollin has told the media that Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa can leave the club for a fee of £11.6M... - from some days ago.

Next............

Guest MrSundlofer

Their chairman is a nutter who's detached from reality.

http://u.goal.com/61000/61081hp2.jpg

He reminds me of Freddy Shepherd.

I find the latest Papisto quotes to be a little concerning tbh.

First and foremost, it's a reminder of how hellacious summer will be with the incessant rumours of our key players going away. Even when we're linked with new players, it will be caveated with 'perhaps as a possible replacement for..." rather than an out-and-out strengthening of the squad.

As for the quotes themselves, the words "big opportunity" suggest to me that perhaps Tiote/Ba may not see us as the biggest opportunity around, or Papisto might get that impression from them - which is true enough tbf.. there are teams in the league who can pay more, and guarantee CL football/trophies - and whose teams they could probably get a first team spot in too. (Tiote and Ba would both get into the Man Utd first XI for example, IMO). It's not nice to hear those words being acknowledged out loud though - even if they are true.

I'm just hopeful that Carroll's move serves as a stark warning about the grass not always being greener. Yet, shit as he has been, and as embroiled in controversy and filth as they are as a club and as a team - he still has a trophy, and the possibility of one more. It beggars belief, but there you go. If sanity reigns, it'll be the first and last he ever gets.

Also, I'm hoping there are lots of scintillating players at Euro 2012 - who the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd get very excited about on the basis of not much more than one tournament and media frenzy :fwap:

Think Ben Arfa has taken so long to settle here that he would not move now - so I'm happy for him to set the tournament alight also. :aww: