NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Hadn't realised how young Sigurdsson was, at 22. Not 100% sure he's the sort of midfielder we're after, but it's certainly not a signing i'd be disappointed with. If only to keep him out of the hands of our rivals.

Is it that unlikely that he'll sign for Swansea?

Hadn't realised how young Sigurdsson was, at 22. Not 100% sure he's the sort of midfielder we're after, but it's certainly not a signing i'd be disappointed with. If only to keep him out of the hands of our rivals.

Is it that unlikely that he'll sign for Swansea?

I'd imagine the impact he's made in a few months means he'd have better offers than Swansea tbh.

We have much bigger priorities imo.

Full back > Centre Back >>>>>>> anywhere else.

If we're sticking with 4-3-3 for next season which we fucking better, we need another central midfielder.

Out:

Raylor or Simpson

Gosling

Smith

Loven

Xisco

More than likely one of Ba or Best

In:

Centre back

Full back

Central midfielder

Forward

Can't see Gosling going, also not sure we will spend that much so £8m seems excessive for a position we already have good players in.

That's not to say I wouldn't be jizzing if he did sign, i would, I just want those fiirst two players of real quality in first.

For 3 papers to come up with the same name on the same day independently of each other is a bit of a coincidence. Someone's either leaked something or something concrete has actually happened. We all know the papers are full of shite, lies and guesses but this is odd, even by red-top standards. :lol: 

For 3 papers to come up with the same name on the same day independently of each other is a bit of a coincidence. Someone's either leaked something or something concrete has actually happened. We all know the papers are full of shite, lies and guesses but this is odd, even by red-top standards. :lol:

yes but the mirror is a sketchy source at best while the other 2 are lumps of shite as sources

Kept an eye on him since I saw him for the first time playing against Scotland U21's... Scored 2 screamers and his technique stood out a mile even though Scotland scored the best goal of the night from the halfway line... Guessing it would allow us to rotate Cabaye a little more with the likelihood of the increased games and it doesn't look like Guthrie is any closer to commiting his future to the club... 

Sigurdsson would be class for us.

Also with regards to the centre half, I haven't seen anywhere near enough of any of them to say who I would prefer. However for the first time since Keegan was our manager first time around, I've got faith in the right people to bring in the player that they feel will fit our needs.

I'd be surprised if NUFC spent £8m on Sigurdsson (or any other midfielder). He's had a good half season in the Premier League. What's his previous record like in the other leagues he's played in? Why did Hoffenheim loan him out? Was he not getting a game for them? Besides, I'm sure I read recently that Hoffenheim didn't want to sell him.

Mbiwa has said several times that he wants to PL. We offer better pay, plus he will not have problems finding my French friends here either.

Suprise med Carr, Ashley and silverfox  :love: :cheesy:

So who would we prefer.

Mbiwa, Vertonghten, Douglas or Alderweireld?

Personally Douglas or Mbiwa, simply because of how much both of them would compliment Coloccini in my view iam frankly not fussed either way..... I like Sigursson and reckon he would look really good in the 4-3-3 but is'nt 8m a bit much? look what Ashley has done to us ffs if its over 5m it seems excessive to me now :lol:

I'd be surprised if NUFC spent £8m on Sigurdsson (or any other midfielder). He's had a good half season in the Premier League. What's his previous record like in the other leagues he's played in? Why did Hoffenheim loan him out? Was he not getting a game for them? Besides, I'm sure I read recently that Hoffenheim didn't want to sell him.

Wiki:

Scored 21/44 and 9 assists for Reading from midfield then after moving to Hoffenheim scoring 10 goals 3 assists from 32 (13 starts) being voted by the fans as their play of the year but his second year he made only 7 appearances before being loaned out in January to Swansea scoring 7 with 2 assists in 15...