NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Agreed, a load of s**** but I do get a "lets keep 'em down" vibe in the media with articles like this and the selling off of our players in the media. As soon as one plays well they're quick to say "oh, they'll have trouble keeping hold of him blah, blah, blah".

EXCLUSIVE: Melbourne Heart star Curtis Good is edging closer to a dream move to English Premier League high-flyers Newcastle United who have extended the trial of the talented teenage defender.

Good, 19, recently left Melbourne at the conclusion of Heart's A-League season for a 10-day trial with the Magpies.

This followed a breakout season by Good as the former AIS player established himself as a left sided central defensive force at Heart.

The powerful, ball-playing central defender was due to have finished his trial with Newcastle early this week.

But the rising star of the A-League has done enough to be offered an extension on his trial period and will remain at United till this Friday.

It will give manager Alan Pardew and his coaching staff more time to assess whether or not they see the Heart man as first team material at a club that's challenging for an automatic UEFA Champions League spot next season.

"It's just a short trial. I'll just train and play games, and if they're happy, I'll hopefully get an offer, but if not, then I'll just enjoy the experience,” Good told United’s website before the trial was extended.

This season the former AIS star played 25 times for Heart under Dutch mentor John van’t Schip (now coach of Mexican club Chivas).

Good helped Heart qualify for the A-League finals in only their second season in Australia's top league.

Is Douglas a free agent in the summer? Or have they got that wrong too.

Douglas contract is due to expire in the summer BUT Twente have the option to extend it for another 12 months which they will obviously exercise, so no he won't be a free agent

Lassana Diarra linked with us and Liverpool on a random Spanish site. Cue the "Wor Lass" headlines if he comes.

Is that not the diarra that went to portsmouth and told them they were a stepping stone because he was dead good, and too good for them?