NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I don't agree we have a budget as such. If we see a quality player worth £10-12m we'll try and go for it (De Jong, Aubameyang, etc) thinking we can sell for more in future, or if his true market value is worth more than that.

Think that's a fair assumption actually, although Cisse aside none of those deals have ever come off. I definitely think we're as tight as we can be on wages, agent fees, etc. and that we'll know pretty much exactly what we can afford to do window-on-window. However, as you say if something popped up to us that we could make work if it meant going outside of the pre-planned limit then they'd go to Ashley for the green light.

January was that sort of thing, but was a bit of an anomaly due to our precarious position in the league.

I think there is a bit of an issue where after a season or two of highly successful, uncontested scouting (Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa) other teams now monitor our transfer moves quite a lot and compete for our signings. This causes problem when our approach to transfer negotiations are always getting the right price regardless of how long the negotiations take. Sometimes we need to have enough sense to offer that extra bit of menial money (1 mil or so) to get the transfer across the line before other teams get involved and the market value for the player rises.

I don't agree we have a budget as such. If we see a quality player worth £10-12m we'll try and go for it (De Jong, Aubameyang, etc) thinking we can sell for more in future, or if his true market value is worth more than that.

Think that's a fair assumption actually, although Cisse aside none of those deals have ever come off. I definitely think we're as tight as we can be on wages, agent fees, etc. and that we'll know pretty much exactly what we can afford to do window-on-window. However, as you say if something popped up to us that we could make work if it meant going outside of the pre-planned limit then they'd go to Ashley for the green light.

January was that sort of thing, but was a bit of an anomaly due to our precarious position in the league.

I think there is a bit of an issue where after a season or two of highly successful, uncontested scouting (Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa) other teams now monitor our transfer moves quite a lot and compete for our signings. This causes problem when our approach to transfer negotiations are always getting the right price regardless of how long the negotiations take. Sometimes we need to have enough sense to offer that extra bit of menial money (1 mil or so) to get the transfer across the line before other teams get involved and the market value for the player rises.

I honestly do not believe teams specifically monitor our transfer moves.  We simply go for some decent players, no surprises that others are interested in decent players for good prices.

The reason we haven't sold any players recently for a significant fee is that nobody wants them, so terrible have most of them being performing. Do you think anybody wants to buy Tiote or Jonas or Taylor? Cabaye is the only one whose reputation seems to have survived which considering how badly he's been playing is a mystery.

The reason we haven't sold any players recently for a significant fee is that nobody wants them, so terrible have most of them being performing. Do you think anybody wants to buy Tiote or Jonas or Taylor? Cabaye is the only one whose reputation seems to have survived which considering how badly he's been playing is a mystery.

I do but not for the silly prices we are willing to sell at. 

If we were actively seeking to sell players I reckon we could have.

Off the top of my head players like Krul, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse's value would have been more than what we paid for them at certain points. Given we have sold the one player for a profit (and even then we got him on a free and terms were probably dictated, I really doubt we would have got rid for £7.5m or whatever it was if we had a choice) doesn't scream buy to sell club, for me anyway.

One thing that is concerning me a little is the effect our lack of recruitment may have on player morale.  I had a feeling that part of the reason for our bad start to last season was that some of the senior players may have been unhappy that we did not take advantage of our position and strengthen the squad as was necessary at the time.

I think the lack of ambition shown will have pissed off some of our purples who do have ambitions to play in top sides and in the premier competitions in europe.  Hopefully the additions we made in January will mitigate that this season if indeed it was a factor last year.

“When players are away on international duty, it’s difficult to do a transfer,” Pardew said.

“I think there’ll be hardly any activity this week.

“All the managers will accept this is what they have this week, and will go with the teams they have.

“They’ll look towards the end of the window, and look at the first three Premier League games and see if they need to make an incision in that market to improve the team.”

It's really happening again.

It's depressing how close we are to having a real quality squad, it wouldn't even take a massive outlay. For around £15m-£20m this summer we could have been class :(

We have a quality squad. Depth-wise and quality wise. Need another striker with some muscle and maybe a winger. It's about the manager and his shit approach.

“When players are away on international duty, it’s difficult to do a transfer,” Pardew said.

“All the managers will accept this is what they have this week, and will go with the teams they have.

“They’ll look towards the end of the window, and look at the first three Premier League games and see if they need to make an incision in that market to improve the team.”

Like clock work.

One cost saving loan in. We will buy in january.

Jesus wept, I really can't bare reading or listening to anything he says anymore

We don't have a quality squad. Our best players have glaring weaknesses. It's a short side. No real width. No real power. No real aerial ability. It is made all the worse with a manager who doesn't realise this.

Only one player who can regularly take people on.

I am beginning to think no more signings is a good thing. We will look as bad, if not worse than last year which should in theory see the end of Pardew in charge.

Then again, the prospect of JFK taking over the reigns again or the replacement being as bad if not worse than Pardew is probably even worse.

Fuck sake.

Pretty true though. Clubs can deal with each other but it'd be considerably more difficult to sort with players and medicals obviously can't take place.

Just a shame that planning for such events doesn't come into it at this club.

I can imagine the transfer team in complete shock that this has come up while Kinnear insists he put it in his outlook calendar then furiously trying to 'log on' to his calculator to prove it.

Conveniently forgetting the fact the window has been open for a few weeks with NO international tournaments this summer. What an utter prick he is.  At least he is consistent with his bullshit and excuses year after year.  So predictable.

Pretty true though. Clubs can deal with each other but it'd be considerably more difficult to sort with players and medicals obviously can't take place.

We're only after one player, he isn't on international duty.

We're only after one player, he isn't on international duty.

Even better :lol: