Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 15/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 42

Mike

Krul - 6. Give him the ball, lose possession! Comfortable in nets though.

Simpson - 7. Thought he had a good game.

Williamson - 6. Held the line well but some needless punts up field.

Coloccini - 8. Always an 8, man. So consistently classy.

Santon - 8. Good game, always looked a threat and comfortable at the back.

Raylor - 6. In and out, unspectacular.

Guthrie - 7. Classy on the ball. Kept us ticking over nicely.

Jonas - 7. Full of running and determination.

Ben Arfa - 6. Looked good in the first half with some nice runs and passes. Faded in the second.

Shola - 4. Really poor today. Lethargic as owt.

Best - 7. Shouldn't have come off. Looked sharp with some nice touches. Lovely goal, too.

Played like sh*te but a W is a W, hope Ben Arfa starts for now on ( even tho he probably wont)

We played much better when he came on and up to 6th  :D

Oh and Wilkins is a twat, having a go at Ben Arfa everytime he loses the ball.......

Well guess what you twat he loses the ball because he is the one trying something different and taking risks......

Would you expect SAF to drop Rooney, Mourinho to drop Ronaldo, Dalglish to drop Suarez, Pep to drop Messi etc etc etc.....

So shut the f*ck up you twat and get off my tv screen you bald c*nt.

/Rant.

Fairly forgettable game but a good 3 points with a weakened side. Thought Taylor and Guthrie did well in the middle but Sanon was the stand out. Really like the look of him.

Our forwards offered little except the very nice bit of skill by Best for his goal. Shola was horrible and a mixed bag from HBA.

The worry is that we're potentially looking like being without Cabaye for Fulham and both strikers looked knackered.

Such an average performance from us. We played better in the second half but still gave the ball away a bit too much. We did have plenty of possession but we did nothing with it really.

Ultimately though, we were comfortable enough I guess. QPR didn't have much in terms of firepower upfront (Bothroyd did have one good shot but overall, he was meh) - they did have some good chances which should have been put away tbh.

3 points though and we're 6th. Nice.

I don't think it was a poor performance as such - it was very, very comfortable. Particularly in the first half, we played some nice stuff. We were playing a shit team and didn't break our backs in the second half, and were just very comfortable. I wouldn't say anyone had a bad game, other than Shola who wasn't at the races at all.

Happy with the 3 points and the fact I was on with my scoreline prediction... Just a shame I didn't hoy some money on it!

But seriously 3 points against QPR with Mark Hughes taking charge of his first game is something we shouldn't take for granted. It was a great spirited performance from the lads, especially after we looked like being twatted in the opening 15 minutes. Best's footwork to finish off his chance and score was brilliant, I'm not his biggest fan, mainly due to his inconsistency. However he is capable of the odd bit of magic, just like Shola (although we seen sweet shit of that today).

MOTM for me was probably Gutierrez, he gives absolutely everything and his overall contribution to the team was fantastic, as always.