Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Casey Paul ‏ @Casey_Paul

Just arrived at #Heathrow for my flight to Newcastle to do an image consultation with Newcastle player #PapaCisse #Excited wayy ayyyy mann!

Casey Paul ‏ @Casey_Paul 

Finally arrived in Newcastle! Starting with a Nandos with @Cissepapiss before hitting the shops!

Casey Paul ‏ @Casey_Paul

Shopping done with #PapaCisse @CissePapiss time for talking some more fashion over dinner! http://yfrog.com/g091872270j

Retweeted by Papiss Demba Cisse

Casey Paul ‏ @Casey_Paul

Just arrived at #Heathrow for my flight to Newcastle to do an image consultation with Newcastle player #PapaCisse #Excited wayy ayyyy mann!

Casey Paul ‏ @Casey_Paul 

Finally arrived in Newcastle! Starting with a Nandos with @Cissepapiss before hitting the shops!

Casey Paul ‏ @Casey_Paul

Shopping done with #PapaCisse @CissePapiss time for talking some more fashion over dinner! http://yfrog.com/g091872270j

Retweeted by Papiss Demba Cisse

Didn't read that correctly and thought, why the fuck is Paul Casey giving fasion tips to Papiss Cisse?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44748000/jpg/_44748431_caseygall.jpg

Can just see Papiss rocking the baseball cap and polo shirt look though.

The stats are pretty damning:

League Apps (2011/2012)        Goals

Papiss Cisse:          8                                          8

Demba Ba:            27                                        16

Luis Suarez:          26                                          7

Andrew Carroll:    28                                          3

Craig Bellamy:      18                                          6

Dirk Kuyt:              26                                          2

Steven Gerrard:    14                                          5

Cisse/Ba combo:  35                                          24

Liverpool combo: 112                                        23

8?

:lol:

But you suggested we spend £20 million plus Andy Carroll to try and sign him. Thats not even worthy of a debate, its absolute insanity. So instead of spending £35 million and having Andy Carroll, we'd have spent £55 million and got Cisse. And Newcastle would have received over £25 million for a 15 month Carroll loan.

That quote from RAWK made me laugh for some reason.

Already leaving then. Linked to City in different papers today.

£50m plz.

Would be interesting to see just how much he would now be worth, saying as we only got him for 8m and has done so well in such a short space of time

Already leaving then. Linked to City in different papers today.

£50m plz.

Would be interesting to see just how much he would now be worth, saying as we only got him for 8m and has done so well in such a short space of time

Yes watching us lose a brilliant new signing before he's even played a full season will be "interesting"

keep him no matter the bid please.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120417/cisses-surprise-visit-to-young-fan_2281670_2738122

Four-year old Sam Livingstone got the surprise of his life on Saturday afternoon when Papiss Cisse arrived at his house in Bedlington to see the football-mad youngster.

Back in January, shortly after Papiss had signed for United from SC Freiburg, Sam decided to send Papiss a 'Welcome to Newcastle' card, rather than the traditional Valentines Day card he was busy preparing for his mother at school - although he later admits she did get one too!

And Papiss was so taken by the gesture from Sam, when the card duly arrived at Newcastle's Benton Training Centre, that he arranged a secret visit to the home of the young United fan to say a personal thank you'

After opening the door to United's new number nine, and having to pinch himself before realising who it was, Sam, still in a daze, said: "I couldn't believe my eyes when Dad told me and my brother Jack to go and see who was at the door.

"To then see Papiss Cisse standing there, well that was amazing, that just doesn't happen! He came inside, brought us some really great gifts and then showed us his car which was amazing. It was brilliant!"

Brother Jack, whose seventh birthday just happened to be on Saturday too, added: "We didn't know anything about the visit and it was just a great day for us."

Papiss said: "The welcome I have received in Newcastle has been incredible and I thank everyone who has helped me settle in. From those at the club to the thousands of supporters who I think are simply fantastic, I am deeply touched.

"Going to see Sam and his family was just my way of saying a special thank you to a young fan who showed genuine kindness in welcoming me to a new country and new club. I must thank them also for the Easter bunny they gave me, it was very nice."

Dad John, who somehow kept the secret of Papiss' visit to himself, added: "This has really made Sam's year and I cannot put into words how grateful I am that Papiss gave up his time to come and see Sam, we are all ever so grateful.

"Footballers don't always get the credit they deserve for things away from the football field, this gesture from Papiss just shows what a genuine, down to earth and tremendous person he is."

:aww: