Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Dropping Cisse will only destroy what is left of his confidence, Pards needs to find his inner Sir Bobby & have a heart to hart with Cisse. Sit him down with a video of him last season, just remind him how fkn good he really is.

I had no issue with the players letting him take the pen that's a huge sign if how close they are as a squad, him missing it was gutting but worth the risk of what it may have done for his game.

It wasnt worth the risk at all to be honest. It was a stupid thing to do. The team comes way ahead of any individual of their confidence.

Dropping Cisse will only destroy what is left of his confidence, Pards needs to find his inner Sir Bobby & have a heart to hart with Cisse. Sit him down with a video of him last season, just remind him how fkn good he really is.

I had no issue with the players letting him take the pen that's a huge sign if how close they are as a squad, him missing it was gutting but worth the risk of what it may have done for his game.

It wasnt worth the risk at all to be honest. It was a stupid thing to do. The team comes way ahead of any individual of their confidence.

Had he scored and kick started his season then the team benefits from that, I doubt any of them thought he would miss it. Yes at 1-0 it was a risk but I 100% understand why they tried it.

Had he scored and kick started his season then the team benefits from that, I doubt any of them thought he would miss it. Yes at 1-0 it was a risk but I 100% understand why they tried it.

But thats really not the point. It was a game we were desprate to win, HBA had the ball and wanted to take it after scoring the one against Spurs and Jonas and Ba talked him out of it. At 2 or 3 nil I would totally agree with you, but at 1-0 it was a daft thing to do and acould have cost us.

But thats really not the point. It was a game we were desprate to win, HBA had the ball and wanted to take it after scoring the one against Spurs and Jonas and Ba talked him out of it. At 2 or 3 nil I would totally agree with you, but at 1-0 it was a daft thing to do and acould have cost us.

Poor Hatem. Let him do what he wants when he wants.

Poor Hatem. Let him do what he wants when he wants.

Or.... let a player full of confidence who scored his last one and is one of two designated pen takers  take the pen rather than a player totally out of confidence maybe?

He wasn't utterly s**** at all, other than his penalty.

I'm with you on this Wullie, just as I was last season after a few games when people were questioning him, but I'm a bit concerned about his lack of movement. Last season he was constantly running backwards and forwards across the line and always looking to make space. He's just running up and down the pitch at the minute, nowhere near as productive in terms of pulling defences about.

I think the movement across the whole team is really poor in comparison to some teams so far this season, and let's face it, our gameplan was the same last season - keep it tight, play a very rigid game with no-one gambling or leaving their position and hope that our lethal strikers will put at least one away, even though we actually generally create very little for them both.

Our football is light years away even from a team like Everton who pass and move the ball exceptionally well.

I completely agree with this. It was hard to debate it last season though because people would just shout you down because of the points we were racking up (which was great). We need to evolve from there though and there's no signs of it yet.  It's soo odd that a group with a sprinkling of such good footballers plays such tepid, predictable football!

Just thinking back to the match, I think the air-kick from Santon's cross and that header over the bar were worse misses than the penalty which was clearly a pressure moment. Baffling really. Still not worried, it would be loads worse if he wasn't even getting into the positions.

Just thinking back to the match, I think the air-kick from Santon's cross and that header over the bar were worse misses than the penalty which was clearly a pressure moment. Baffling really. Still not worried, it would be loads worse if he wasn't even getting into the positions.

The air-kick showed worrying concentration due to how well he normally strikes a moving ball. Can't wait for him to score one and know he'll relax after that

I think there's a case for dropping an out-of-form player, but only if the mentality doesn't look right too. That was the case with Ba, but i don't think it's the case with Papiss. As has been said, he's been getting into positions and is clearly trying to score (cos he looked frustrated with himself when he didn't), so he needs to have faith shown in him. Dropping him now would be counter-productive cos he needs games to rebuild his form. It's not a question of his hunger for goals.