Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not that averse to dropping him, he's only been dropped once for us so far (after Sunderland for the trip to Arsenal last year) and he came back in and completely blitzed it.  I'm not sure we've anyone to bring in who is worth dropping him for though.  Don't want to see Shola from the start and don't think we've got any wingers who can play that advanced role very effectively, other than Ben Arfa of course.

Dinho- you're so fucking thick its actually painful to draw attention to it.

Yeah, I got it that you were saying it with a hint of tongue in cheek, but let's face it.... everyone here knows you're the biggest drama bitch on this board, so I wouldn't be one bit surprised if you suddenly think Cisse has turned shit.

I respect your views but by god, you've made a complete buffoon out of yourself.

Oh, and you're sooooooo charismatic.  :smitten:

Dropping him now is only going to dent his confidence even more imo. Needs an arm round the shoulder, show a bit of faith in him and let him play himself out of his little rut and into a bit of form. Benching him doesn't solve the problem.

He needs a goal to get him up and running. I've seen enough of him already to know the quality is there. He's not turned into a s*** player over the summer. It'll turn for him soon enough.

Agreed. He's not the Ba type to get fired up after being dropped, things will come his way, it just requires patience.

He should play in the cup games, but if he doesn't do it then, benched for the league games. No player deserves to start regardless of effort or form.

Firstly, I'd say your comments on effort are a little harsh, I think he's generally putting in a shift. Secondly, this lad has a proven track record as a prolific goalscorer, his ability is too important to simply just leave out when the domestic campaign is only 5 games old. His reputation does precede him and rightfully so, he's earned that reputation and the right to have a bit of faith and patience shown in him. I'd agree with your opinion if he was playing the same way in another 5 league matches though.

I'm sure a one goal, no matter how it comes will make a world of difference to Papiss. The same with Ba last season. One difference at times Ba played well last season but missed the goald, Cisse has been poor this season but they are different type of player. Cisse is a goal scorer Ba has a more all round game.

Cisse showed enough qualities last season to suggest it wasn't a fluke or an amazing honeymoon period. He hasn't become shit over night, he is just playing shit!

I'm not that averse to dropping him, he's only been dropped once for us so far (after Sunderland for the trip to Arsenal last year) and he came back in and completely blitzed it.  I'm not sure we've anyone to bring in who is worth dropping him for though.  Don't want to see Shola from the start and don't think we've got any wingers who can play that advanced role very effectively, other than Ben Arfa of course.

Sameobi / Amalfitano / Obertan could probably do it an unpredictable standard. Not exactly stellar options though hence why our lack of strengthening in the summer was a bit of a pisser.

Sameobi / Amalfitano / Obertan could probably do it an unpredictable standard. Not exactly stellar options though hence why our lack of strengthening in the summer was a bit of a pisser.

I wouldn't put any of those in ahead of Cisse.

Exactly mate, I don't want any of them starting unless they force their way in with eye-catching performances from the bench.

Dropping him now is only going to dent his confidence even more imo. Needs an arm round the shoulder, show a bit of faith in him and let him play himself out of his little rut and into a bit of form. Benching him doesn't solve the problem.

He needs a goal to get him up and running. I've seen enough of him already to know the quality is there. He's not turned into a s*** player over the summer. It'll turn for him soon enough.

Agreed. He's not the Ba type to get fired up after being dropped, things will come his way, it just requires patience.

He should play in the cup games, but if he doesn't do it then, benched for the league games. No player deserves to start regardless of effort or form.

Firstly, I'd say your comments on effort are a little harsh, I think he's generally putting in a shift. Secondly, this lad has a proven track record as a prolific goalscorer, his ability is too important to simply just leave out when the domestic campaign is only 5 games old. His reputation does precede him and rightfully so, he's earned that reputation and the right to have a bit of faith and patience shown in him. I'd agree with your opinion if he was playing the same way in another 5 league matches though.

10 league matches of shite performances? No thanks, we've got other games we can play him in until he finds his feet.vim not talking about sticking him there forever, just till he picks up and he can do that against lesser opposition or less important games while in form Ba can do the league. It's not like he's just going to remain there long term or not get off the bench for Ba who tires after 60mins every game anyway.

Also this Cisse against the mackems? No thanks, far too important a game to pander to one player.

Who would you bring in for him then, TT?

451 Ba upfront, Jonas left, hba right, Cabaye, Tiote & anita in mid with Cabaye further forward.

Or Bigi in for Anita if he's needed at fullback or in for Tiote if he's injured/suspended.

I wouldn't put any of those in ahead of Cisse.

Exactly mate, I don't want any of them starting unless they force their way in with eye-catching performances from the bench.

:thup:

Don't know how anyone could be worried about him. I only get worried about shit players, cisse is a great player. Wouldn't consider dropping him for a second. I do think he needs to aim for scoring a percentage goal though rather than a twenty yard volley or some shit like that

Don't know how anyone could be worried about him. I only get worried about shit players, cisse is a great player. Wouldn't consider dropping him for a second. I do think he needs to aim for scoring a percentage goal though rather than a twenty yard volley or some shit like that

:thup:

As I said earlier, IMO he's just trying too hard.

451 Ba upfront, Jonas left, hba right, Cabaye, Tiote & anita in mid with Cabaye further forward.

Or Bigi in for Anita if he's needed at fullback or in for Tiote if he's injured/suspended.

I personally don't think Jonas carries enough of a threat going forward these days to justify that.  As Disco says this is exactly why we should have signed another attacking player in the summer, bit of a lack of alternatives in those positions when players are out of form.

I personally don't think Jonas carries enough of a threat going forward these days to justify that.  As Disco says this is exactly why we should have signed another attacking player in the summer, bit of a lack of alternatives in those positions when players are out of form.

There is always Marv as well to fight for that spot, Jonas would offer us more defensively.

Jonas might not carry enough threat for you, Cisse doesn't carry any playing like this, I'd bet he'd miss an open goal from 2 yards out in this form.

He wasn't utterly shite at all, other than his penalty.

I'm with you on this Wullie, just as I was last season after a few games when people were questioning him, but I'm a bit concerned about his lack of movement. Last season he was constantly running backwards and forwards across the line and always looking to make space. He's just running up and down the pitch at the minute, nowhere near as productive in terms of pulling defences about.

I think the movement across the whole team is really poor in comparison to some teams so far this season, and let's face it, our gameplan was the same last season - keep it tight, play a very rigid game with no-one gambling or leaving their position and hope that our lethal strikers will put at least one away, even though we actually generally create very little for them both.

Our football is light years away even from a team like Everton who pass and move the ball exceptionally well.

Yeah, its annoying that the likes of Fulham and West Brom are well ahead of us movement wise.

West Brom are the perfect example of a side that is far more than the sum of its parts.

I think we're actually far less because a significant number of our individuals are up there with the best in the division in their position, at least five of our first team.

They've already beaten Liverpool 3-0. I'll honestly be surprised if we beat anyone by more than two goals all season.

Dropping Cisse will only destroy what is left of his confidence, Pards needs to find his inner Sir Bobby & have a heart to hart with Cisse. Sit him down with a video of him last season, just remind him how fkn good he really is.

I had no issue with the players letting him take the pen that's a huge sign if how close they are as a squad, him missing it was gutting but worth the risk of what it may have done for his game.