Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He's under much greater expectations this year. He was still unknown to many when he came last year, and he probably hadn't fully taken in being a Newcastle number nine. So he just played naturally, and it turned out well for both him and us.

This year, he came in with the tags of "One of the Prem's best", "Scorer of one of the Prem's best", "Most lethal in goals per minutes scored" "Fan favorite". There is just more that he has to live up to now. And it shows with how much he tries too hard to score that he sways away from how he naturally plays and scores.

He's getting into good positions still, which is encouraging. Right now it's just about confidence and needing a goal, a.s.a.p. I'm confident he'll be fine in a few weeks, everybody has a bad spell. Even the best have goal droughts sometimes.

Drop Cisse. :lol:

I remember when the same was being said about him after 4 games last season, and about Ba because he was in a bit of a drought.

Never heard anything so utterly ludicrous tbh.

As ludicrous as it was with Ba?

I'd still rather keep him in the side. He's in a shite bit of goalscoring form, that's all. I don't think he played badly when he actually had a chance to get the ball under control, rather than getting dominated in the air. We're forever punting long balls at him at the moment, totally defies sense.

You could see he was visibly frustrated with himself; mental to say he's not "taking shit seriously" or being "complacent". Just no need to get on the player's back like that.

A real pet hate of mine.

Fair enough if a player has a shit game call him shit (I will probably still defend him but there you go :lol:) but nonsense like this, body language, exaggerating flaws etc...  :anguish:

You could see he was visibly frustrated with himself; mental to say he's not "taking s*** seriously" or being "complacent". Just no need to get on the player's back like that.

A real pet hate of mine.

Fair enough if a player has a s*** game call him s*** (I will probably still defend him but there you go :lol:) but nonsense like this, body language, exaggerating flaws etc...  :anguish:

To be fair to Cisse he's pretty much like that episode where Lenny gets plastic surgery and can't stop smiling no matter what happens.

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/picture2.png

He should never have been taking that penalty like.

Yup. I'm all for giving him some confidence but you don't fuck about like that. Designated player should take at all times.

--

I'll start worrying when he stops getting on the end of chances, every striker has a rough spell. Crowd are fully behind him and it won't be long before he's back banging them in again.

You could see he was visibly frustrated with himself; mental to say he's not "taking s*** seriously" or being "complacent". Just no need to get on the player's back like that.

A real pet hate of mine.

Fair enough if a player has a s*** game call him s*** (I will probably still defend him but there you go :lol:) but nonsense like this, body language, exaggerating flaws etc...  :anguish:

To be fair to Cisse he's pretty much like that episode where Lenny gets plastic surgery and can't stop smiling no matter what happens.

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/picture2.png

Laughing when you fuck something up is a very common reaction too, especially when there are people around to see it (52,000 is quite a few).

Not sure why anyone gets annoyed by it tbh, it was the same when Ranger had that shocking miss at West Ham, as much of a tosser he is he was clearly laughing through embarrassment.

No problem with him taking it tbh Long term if he scores that & it gets him confident, it could be much bigger for us than a single goal. What a bizarre way to take it though, massively confident attempt from someone seemingly lacking.

Not sure where his head is at

Next game

Krul\Harps

Anita      Taylor  Colo    Santon

Tiote            Bigi 

Barfa      Cabaye        Jonas

Ba\Cisse

The lads confidence is shot at the minute and is desperate for a goal,  good sign is he's still getting chances so one will go in soon.  Hopefully a scruffy tap in to set him off again.

The penalty carry on was shocking though,  it wasn't as if he was like HBA against Spurs when he grabbed the ball and wanted to take it,  he was given the ball and told take that,  which was strange when HBA and Ba both wanted to take it!