Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

The cheek of Pardew telling people they were rubbish! Silly man.

:lol: Was he not, like?

And the fantastic attitude that Cisse has to agree with a smile and be proud of the goal he scored to secure 3 points.

still struggles with the offsides. was a cross floated in the first half when he had no pressure on him and he was still a full yard offside - the one where the keeper nearly took him out.

still struggles with the offsides. was a cross floated in the first half when he had no pressure on him and he was still a full yard offside - the one where the keeper nearly took him out.

No 'nearly' about it :lol:

Surprised it just got brushed under the carpet, when you see it again in real time it looks fairly nasty.

Was a good ball in from Tiote mind.

He appears to be struggling because his game is all about gambling on the last man.  He probably accepts that it's a fine line between getting it right and being given offside.

His gambling on the last man played a huge part in winning at the weekend.

:thup: Ronaldo.

He destroys those mid-level height driven balls - see: Mentalist disallowed goal and the one he scored earlier in the cup that was similar.  There was one half-volley he swung for that the Stoke man got in the way of, I'm sure that one would have ripped the net off and the place would have went mental.

He appears to be struggling because his game is all about gambling on the last man.  He probably accepts that it's a fine line between getting it right and being given offside.

:thup:

A player like Cissé is going to be caught off side fairly regularly, it's simply the way he plays. Someone (Ian W perhaps) said something similar about Hatem when he missed his chip against Anzhi, we can't have the applaud his wondergoals and then slag him off when it's not working, same goes for Cissé, he should be playing on the shoulder of the last man and take those gambles.

Ronaldo is spot on as well like, we shouldn't be playing high crosses with Cissé in the box, keep them low, he's brilliant at attacking them.

Guest palnese

A player like Cissé is going to be caught off side fairly regularly, it's simply the way he plays. Someone (Ian W perhaps) said something similar about Hatem when he missed his chip against Anzhi, we can't have the applaud his wondergoals and then slag him off when it's not working, same goes for Cissé, he should be playing on the shoulder of the last man and take those gambles.

Ronaldo is spot on as well like, we shouldn't be playing high crosses with Cissé in the box, keep them low, he's brilliant at attacking them.

The one he scored against Norwich at SJP last season. Fantastic movement and finish. :smitten:

I think he's f***ing great, man. Give him decent service and he'll score 1 in 2 at worst.

Absolutely agree with this and I'm sick and tired of trying to tell some of my friends about how the service needs to improve in order for Papiss to truly shine.

As others have said, when Hatem is back I think we'll start to see a steady flow of goals from Cisse, the amount of movement around him should be fantastic, allowing Cisse to get into better positions easier and start to really fill his boots.

Very good, but very limited player imo. He is a top notch 5* S-level finisher, but the rest of his game (dribbling, passing, control, etc) is no where near that quality.

Not a bad player at all (and I love having him at the club and he seems like a great personality as well) but definitely one who needs to be surrounded by good players in order to shine. He's not a player that can take the team on his shoulders and turn a game around, he is the kind of player who is lethal when we are already playing well.

Was he surrounded by good players when he was scoring more than a goal every other game at Freiburg?

He can definitely turn the game around by himself whilst playing with poor players. He just needs some service. The problem is at the moment our team is playing well, controling the game and whatnot but we rarely put in a quality pass/ball.

Cisse would play better in a team that plays poorer overall but can deliver a good last ball than a team that plays well but fails to put in a good cross/pass.

Tbh i'd rather him be offside 10 times a game and look to get into positions to score than sit deeper and never get a chance or be offside.

I don't have a problem with him being offside at all, seems a pointless criticism to me.

Was it Obi Fem that constantly got caught offside ? Used to drive me crazy. Cisse isn`t that bad a few a game.

He could learn how to arc his runs though. So many times he is offside because he has just ran forward with absolutely no consideration to where the defence is. Gouffran's chance that he hit over the bar was from a perfectly timed run beating the defence. We need to get Cisse trying to do that more.

He's a natural finisher, will get goals. He hasn't been bang on but I don't think our play recently has had enough for him to feed off really. A lot of the goals he scored last season came with him running onto balls across/through.

Love to see him smash a couple in on thursday!!!! :frantic:

I think he's better than people give him credit for, in all honesty.

He's horrifically out of form, obviously frustrated and low on confidence. That is the reason he's looking shit on the ball, his passing is off and he's dropping too deep. When he first came here his passing and holdup were absolutely fine, and I remember thinking his crossing was really good.

He struggled to play with Ba, Ba being a much more dominant striker, and lost confidence. Pards then put him out on the wing for a month or so, and this compounded the problem.

Basically, I don't see service as 100% of the problem. I don't see him getting back to previous form unless he gets his confidence back. Hopefully it's soon.