Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cost us 2 points today,  at this level you can't afford to miss chances given to you on a plate by the opposition. 

It's probably true in theory but it's still harsh. We should be creating more chances, not missing the couple we do create and then looking back and saying "what if"?

He also assisted our first goal, so perhaps he gained us a point?

yes he set up the first goal but games are always broke down to big moments and that miss was absolutely massive in the context of the game, we were bossing it and the 2nd goal could have virtually wrapped up the match by half time.

In the end we go in 1 up at HT, they regroup make a tactical change and come out a different side and put us on the back foot and we struggled to get back into the game.

Aye that's definitely true, as I said theoretically I suppose he did lose us the points with that miss. It isn't his fault that we done absolutely nothing of note after that though and he wasn't exactly given the chance to redeem himself.

This "lack of chances" thing is bollocks.

If our team can't create a lot of chances (and we created enouh to be 2/3 up by half time) for our striker then our striker needs to:

1. Create chances for himself ala Suarez

2. Create chances for others ala Berbatov

3. Score from scraps ala Ba

4. Be a target to play around ala Carroll (sorry but this is true)

What he can't do. Is need 4 clear-cut chances to score 1 goal.

I would just prefer the manager to get the team functioning well as a unit personally, not having a striker who supposedly does everything.

All the lad offers is goals and he's not great at that either. What I would like is a striker that can contribute to the other 10 players and isn't just reliant on the others performing for him.

Doesn't do enough for the team. Not brilliant at what he does.

Guest bimpy474

Not good enough to be our main striker.

Of course he is.

He is but his hold up play would embarrass a League Two striker at the moment.

Guest icemanblue

Of course he is.

He is but his hold up play would embarrass a League Two striker, today.

I can't do this all night, like. I'm off out in a minute.

I would just prefer the manager to get the team functioning well as a unit personally, not having a striker who supposedly does everything.

All the lad offers is goals and he's not great at that either. What I would like is a striker that can contribute to the other 10 players and isn't just reliant on the others performing for him.

Doesn't do enough for the team. Not brilliant at what he does.

Ah right mate :thup:

Of course he is.

Might be a good idea to stop treating him as a target man then ( not aimed at you btw im quite aware you realise this)

Of course he is.

Might be a good idea to stop treating him as a target man then ( not aimed at you btw im quite aware you realise this)

Exactly. Especially when he has hardly any support at all. He needs to be running onto things.

He's asked to do far too much in this system, he's got to be the one getting up for headers from punted balls, running the channels, linking up when it's played into feet, and get on the end of things in the box. Unless you're Didier Drogba circa 2004-2010 then you're not going to achieve that. Needs players in, around and past him. How often does Sissoko run past him anymore, compared to when he first joined?

Thought his derby display would more or less put the debate about his all-round contribution to bed. Sadly not.

He's one of the least of our worries. Anyone who can't see that actually deserves what we're all getting. 

Guest firetotheworks

I've excused him for missing the few chances that he gets, but there's no excuse for missing the chance he had today.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Getting frustrated by the amount of chances it's taking for him to put one away.

Confidence? The team aren't playing well, that is bound to affect him. Don't think the system we play suits him very well either. He seems to play off the shoulder of the last defender and keeps getting caught offside.

Can't excuse a horror miss but would be very interested to know how much finishing practice he does compared to his previous clubs. Willing to be it's next to nothing, suspect it's one of those things that Pardew just expects to continue naturally, like anything attacking.

You can always guarantee the presence of Dropout in here immediately after a game where Cisse hasn't played particularly well.

Due to this I find myself actually wanting him to play well and score even more than I do anyway. Makes it all the more frustrating when he doesn't :lol:

You can always guarantee the presence of Dropout in here immediately after a game where Cisse hasn't played particularly well.

Due to this I find myself actually wanting him to play well and score even more than I do anyway. Makes it all the more frustrating when he doesn't :lol:

I've been on holiday. Came back on Friday, just enough time to watch the game today  ;)

Glad I missed the Derby like.