Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Ba was an absolute monster. Thought he was our best striker since Shearer. Probably justifiably annoyed at being pumped out wide, benefit of the doubt given Pardew was a total pest.

Cissé was also class at points, and at times majestic, but felt more erratic and mental. Loved them both though.

Can't help but wonder in an even moderately more ambitious team and with a modicum of proper coaching that half season 'hot streak' he had might have been extended. So many players under so many of our managers started bright then mysteriously all the motivation and joy drained from their games...

4 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Can't help but wonder in an even moderately more ambitious team and with a modicum of proper coaching that half season 'hot streak' he had might have been extended. So many players under so many of our managers started bright then mysteriously all the motivation and joy drained from their games...

Doesn’t help when you qualify for Europe and then your boneheaded owner severely underinvests in the team to leave to woefully short for the coming season. 

10 minutes ago, madras said:

I think that's the one he meant but Swansea was very good in different style.

He scored from a very acute angle with a bit of top and side spin in that game. I do sometimes wondered, if he meant half of his goals, as they were that outrageous.

Edited by CPL

Just now, CPL said:

He scored from a very acute angle with a bit of top and side spin in that game. I do sometimes wondered, if he meant half of his goals, as they were that outrageous.

That game was a masterclass (I know it was Pardew). They had near 80% possession but there was only ever one winner. It was a pisstake

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Forgot about this enigma. Those 5 months with him and Ben Arfa were something truly special.

I will never forgive Mike Ashley for only signing Vurnon fucking Anita as a follow up to that season.

I'm sure i read somewhere that he didn't back the club that summer out of spite for the team not securing 4th and tbh knowing the measure of the man. 
It genuinely sounds plausible. The abhorrent fat twat that he is.

41 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

I'm sure i read somewhere that he didn't back the club that summer out of spite for the team not securing 4th and tbh knowing the measure of the man. 
It genuinely sounds plausible. The abhorrent fat twat that he is.

We wouldn't have qualfiied for the CL for finishing 4th either.