Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest firetotheworks

Starting to feel like it did many years ago - injuries, suspensions, and bad form hitting us from every single angle.

It happens to teams that get into Europe. The strange thing is that we're not really stretching our squad for it, but have still had a fair few PL first team players out.

Guest Geordiesned

The same people who are (genuinely) saying they don't want Cisse to play or even feature tomorrow are the same idiots who would have been happy if Ba was sold in the summer.

Class is permanent. Form is temporary. Muppets are consistent.

The same people who are (genuinely) saying they don't want Cisse to play or even feature tomorrow are the same idiots who would have been happy if Ba was sold in the summer.

Class is permanent. Form is temporary. Muppets are consistent.

:thup:

He's the fucking man and our striker. Suggesting anything stupid like flogging him is some over reaction crap.

Bad run of form in a team that has not been set up for success with tactics not suiting him. Basically no favors and bad form and luck.

He's the f***ing man and our striker. Suggesting anything stupid like flogging him is some over reaction crap.

Bad run of form in a team that has not been set up for success with tactics not suiting him. Basically no favors and bad form and luck.

:thup: Magic time now Kanji, you watching it?

Who said we should sell him?

Nobody. People jumping to conclusions once again. FWIW I think Ba is brilliant and even when he wasn't scoring last season he was offering twice as much as Cisse has been offering this season. Never once thought it would have been a good move to sell him.

Doesn't matter if he doesn't play.

He's only done well for us as the central striker in a 4-3-3, and he's not allowed to play there this season because Demba Ba has to play in the middle or he'll cry.

........which is the heart of the problem.

I think it was Fergie who said that a team's strikers are the big factor in how a side is able to play. To get the most out of Cisse, he has to play in an advanced central position, with the rest of the team fitting around that. Ba made it clear that he was unhappy with that and this season has been a pointless exercise in trying to find a way round that.

As I see it, we have three strikers who should be competing for one position. Cisse is the best finisher, Shola is the best target man and Ba offers you the best overall package. Shola is adaptable and is prepared to flit in and out of the team in various roles. The other two can't or won't adapt and sadly, in the long-term one of them has to go.

I just feel that the problem is acting as a cancer at the heart of the team, not just in terms of playing style but also in terms of morale. I hope Pardew is just biding his time until the opportunity comes to sort the problem out in January, and that his current comments are just politician-style speak.